ReefCleaners.org

Dimming of LED on biocube or nano tank

reeftrinh

i have a 29gallon biocube that i'm running Cree q5's - 12 cool whites and 12 blues. I have the meanwell drivers eln-60-48p's. instead of creating a pwm thingy, i just hooked up 2 5v power supplies to the dimmer portion. so technically my lights are dimmed at 50%. i was wondering what percentage would you say you are dimming your lights at?

i have some sps in my tank right now and they are doing well. i started to notice some growth on my rose digi and i have polyp extention on all other sps frags in my tank. here a pic.

DSC_9374.jpg

I have a bc14 and my blues are set at 60% and my whites are at 50% so you should be good.

I have 18 CREE (9 whites / 9 blues) and I keep my whites around 50% and my blues at 100%..

I have a monti frag as well but I dont see allot of grow. Maybe it has allot of light?

Depends on the monti. I have green and orage caps that grow like mad. I have a purple with blue polyps that is a much slower grower.

Depends on the monti. I have green and orage caps that grow like mad. I have a purple with blue polyps that is a much slower grower.

Mine is the red monti (cheap one)

How is your flow?

I have two koralia nano's and a overflow and a return moving the surface of the water.

One thing that I noticed is that the polyps where more red when I bought the frag. After two months in my tank they are like pink.

Archived