ReefCleaners.org

Cheato in tank or make fuge

Dozer217

What's the consensus, just stick it in the main tank or set up the middle chamber as a fuge with LR rubble and a light? Have a 28g Nano Cube

More information. Middle chamber of what? Anyways if your talking about an All In One setup like a Biocube or Nano cube then the consensus is using a Mediabaskets.com media basket with chaeto, filter floww and shemi pure elite and them using an underwater light to illuminate the chaeto. that will give you more flow, better filtration and you get to have chemical media with your chaeto. all that is if your talking about an All In One setup

What's the consensus, just stick it in the main tank or set up the middle chamber as a fuge with LR rubble and a light?

Definitely do not set it up in your main tank. Set up a fuge in your middle chamber.

My sump has 2 left chambers and a single mid and right side chamber. Far left chamber towards me has live rock rubble and a filter sock; left rear chamber has the skimmer; mid chamber has 1/2" sand with a chaeto ball and a naughty Xanthid Crab; right chamber has return pump, Phosphate Reactor hoses, and chiller hoses.

steviejitsu

it will have the same benefit inside or in your filter as long as you provide light and flow. But aesthetically, you would want to hide it.

The whole point of an AIO is to give you a place to put that stuff outside of the main display without a sump - so use it!

JayEeeTeeEss

DO NOT ADD LR RUBBLE. I did and didn't realize how much debris was getting trapped back there because of the lack of flow until I tested my nitrates and they were 80ppm and rising! I was told the LRR doesn't benefit your AIO like a large amount would in a larger setup.

DO NOT ADD LR RUBBLE. I did and didn't realize how much debris was getting trapped back there because of the lack of flow until I tested my nitrates and they were 80ppm and rising! I was told the LRR doesn't benefit your AIO like a large amount would in a larger setup.

I've read the same thing many times. Does more harm than good.

You don't need any LR Rubble... the LR in your tank should be more then enough filtration. I'd just grow some cheato and be done with it.

You don't need any LR Rubble... the LR in your tank should be more then enough filtration. I'd just grow some cheato and be done with it.

+1, just throw in chaeto and a light.

Archived