Top Shelf Aquatics

Killer on the loose!

reefrook

few months ago i bought a yasha and candy cane pistol shrimp combo. they paired up and were doing well for a week or so. then the yasha disappeared. i thought he was just hiding but his body turned up a couple days later. after that i bought a watchman goby and he disappeared. and so did a green clown goby. i figured there had to be a mantis or something hiding in the rocks. so i decided to give up on gobies and recently purchased a bicolor blenny. he made a home for himself on the opposite side of the tank of where the suspected killer resides. this morning he was his normal self swimming to and from his hole. then i left for a couple hours, got back home only to find him laying in the sand with a big gash on his belly.

i know it's a long shot but does anybody have any suggestions on how to id this guy and possibly catch him?

AdrianBryce
Take the rock you think it is living in and give it a FW bath.

with your harpoon at the ready and don't forget your war face.

Meengineer0128

I'm with weetabix. Take any suspected rocks and put them in freshwater and watch for movement!!!! Then step on whatever pops out!!!

i think the perp is under the group of rocks, so this method would require removing all the rock which have coral attached to it. but i guess if that's the only way.... then i better get a war face ready!

make a trap! Cut the top off a water bottle and invert it, seal it with some silicone. put a piece of meaty food in it and see what it catches. If it doesnt catch anything its probably a mantis, theyre generally too smart for this trap

Archived