ReefCleaners.org

65W Freshwater fixture for a 20L

Tanngu87

Crackerballer

Man that is going to be pushing it, especially if your bulb is old. Concentrate everything right in the center under the light and raise it up as much as you can.

Man that is going to be pushing it, especially if your bulb is old. Concentrate everything right in the center under the light and raise it up as much as you can.

Just wondering how am i pushing it?

Crackerballer

It is one 65w PC bulb, which is not a lot of lighting. That BTA is not going to do well under that light for long, especially if the bulb i old. I would look into either a 4x24wT5 setup or a nice MH pendent, maybe 250w.

That freshwater one will not come with a good bulb either. With a single bulb your only option would be to get a 50/50 PC bulb.

I'd spend a few more dollars and at least get a Nova Extreme T5 setup. It would seriously only be a few bucks more and would give you better bulb options, more light and less heat/energy usage.

Crackerballer
That freshwater one will not come with a good bulb either. With a single bulb your only option would be to get a 50/50 PC bulb.

I'd spend a few more dollars and at least get a Nova Extreme T5 setup. It would seriously only be a few bucks more and would give you better bulb options, more light and less heat/energy usage.

Problem is he already has that light, according to his original post.

It is one 65w PC bulb, which is not a lot of lighting. That BTA is not going to do well under that light for long, especially if the bulb i old. I would look into either a 4x24wT5 setup or a nice MH pendent, maybe 250w.

True But at the moment the biocube is 48W and i thought 65W on a 20L would be good cause the tank height is about the same size.

And the Coralife has 50/50 on it. I switched it when i bought the light months ago

Problem is he already has that light, according to his original post.

Oh yeah. I missed that.

I think it would "work" for the coral you listed. But I'd worry about the BTA.

Oh yeah. I missed that.

I think it would "work" for the coral you listed. But I'd worry about the BTA.

I hate the BTA he moves around too much even when i give him a good spot

I hate the BTA he moves around too much even when i give him a good spot

Yeah, a BTA in a 20 gal might be pushing it too to be honest. Unless it was just an anemone tank. I would worry that he would kill everythign in the tank.

Yeah, a BTA in a 20 gal might be pushing it too to be honest. Unless it was just an anemone tank. I would worry that he would kill everythign in the tank.

To be honest he doesnt do much lol he just travel around on the glass. But doesnt wanna hang on the rock

Archived