Coral Vue Hydros

Sick Mandarin Only at night

xourheartsdesire

xourheartsdesire

hi everyone ive got a mandarin dragonet that lately has been very pale, almost dying look to him at night a couple hours after the lights go off. at first i thought it was maybe bacterial but when the lights go on he looks perfect again. Then i thought it was the ph and im still confused because my ph is normal with the lights off. it doesnt dip that low in my opinion for him to be getting that sick because nothing drastic has changed in my tank.

any help would be appreciated... thanks

100 % normal

They will go almost white in color at night. During the day or when active they should have there color back. I would do so research ASAP on this fish as they are not that easy to keep. Do you know if it is already frozen food trained?

PH will also changed a little with your light cycle.

Its their coloration at night. Back when i had one it did the same thing, looked funky at night but when i turned the light on he colored back up. I also noticed the same thing with yellow tailed blue damsel. Not sure why it happens maybe someone else has more info.

xourheartsdesire

no i had a lot of pods and ive been trying to replenish them but i dont think its working....i tried those dt's pods but i could hardly see them so i dont even know if they were alive or not hah. then i bought a thing of trigger pods from reef nutrition and they were allllll dead. what a waste.

no i had a lot of pods and ive been trying to replenish them but i dont think its working....i tried those dt's pods but i could hardly see them so i dont even know if they were alive or not hah. then i bought a thing of trigger pods from reef nutrition and they were allllll dead. what a waste.

You need to get it trained on frozen food ASAP or it will starve. That or be willing to spend about $ 20 a week on pods. If you dont feel that you can get it trained I would take it back.

xourheartsdesire

im really trying hard to keep this fish, i have a reef only red sea and hes the only fish i want. ill do what it takes...how would i go about training him? i have cyclopeeze and brine shrimp frozen...

It's too late sadly, your fish will slowly starve to death over a month or two. All you can do is put the food right next to it and hope it eats it.

I can't recall if the FAQ says to or not but shut down all pumps and power heads while trying to feed/train. You want 0 water movement during this as they will feed off the sand and the rock.

Archived