SaltCritters.com

Roxy's 3g Picotope

rockhead01

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy Crab! My Pom Pom has eggs. I hadn't seen her for a few days and now she is out tonight and her underside is completely covered with eggs! I'll try to get a pic, but she is very very shy. How awesome is that!!

learned it from my peppermint shrimp who randomly held eggs one month, after a few months of being in my pico with no other shrimp. I am sure if we both read some crustacean behavior books we might find something regarding holding eggs, maybe something of a cycle, have not gone into this too deeply :P

Beautiful zoa I picked up a while back.

EDIT* Today I asked the guy at the store I bought them from and he said they were called Eye of Ra

zoa.jpg

Today I gave in and finally bought the fire & ice zoas I've wanted so badly. They are so beautiful. I bought one large rock and them split it into two.

This is the small piece I fragged.

4-1.jpg

This is both pieces together.

3-2.jpg

This is the larger rock which also has some Green Bay Packers Zoa and a green Pavona growing on it.

1-3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

toothbrush and water change. then it'll be a lot cleaner :) or maybe cover things with macros so the back glass and other algae covered surfaces wont be visible :)

Thanks. I've been having a "bad hair algae day" problem since I return from vacation. I left my tanks for a month and had my husband only add what to top offs. Hair algae bloomed like crazy. I have a phosban reactor running and just purchased the SPECTRAPURE® MAXCAP RO/DI SYSTEM, which I'm hoping will help me elimate the algae issues I've been having in all of my tanks.

I've been using the API Tap Water Filter. Where I lived in PA it seemed to work fine, but now in Boston I'm having major algae issues. I went with the 4 stage for the silica buster. My jelly tank always has diatoms and I'm hoping it helps.

Archived