Innovative Marine Aquariums

Clownfish vibrating

Marine Man Tom

Marine Man Tom

hi people this has been going on for about 2-4weeks now i have 2 true perc clowns one larger female and one smaller male the female keeps going up to the male and nudging him like pushing him then the male will start vibrating and then stop, this happens when i turn the lights off too ive just seen the doing it and i really want an answer thanks :D

Marine Man Tom

So does that mean that when they pair they lay eggs some time after that? i have no anenome as they are tank bred and dont need one, can they still pair without and anenome?

So does that mean that when they pair they lay eggs some time after that?

Maybe yes, maybe no. Lots of information on the internet if you use google..

i have no anenome as they are tank bred and dont need one, can they still pair without and anenome?

Tank bred or wild-caught, clownfish don't need anemones.

And yes, they can still pair without an anemone.

the male should start cleaning a spot, trying to entice the female to lay. If she starts cleaning she will lay within a few days.

Marine Man Tom

so its lke courtship?

oh and one more thing to save me from starting a new topic, my fijian damsell is bullying only 1 of my bicolour chromis, they used to bully her but now its the other way round, should i get rid of her, its bad i mean bad the chromis wont come out of its rock only to feed now

so its lke courtship?

oh and one more thing to save me from starting a new topic, my fijian damsell is bullying only 1 of my bicolour chromis, they used to bully her but now its the other way round, should i get rid of her, its bad i mean bad the chromis wont come out of its rock only to feed now

You have too many damselfish in one tank.

Fijian Damsel = Damsel

Bicolor Chromis = Damsel

Clownfish = Damsel

Good luck with that.

The shaking is a submission dance. Technically they are sorting out who is who in the tank. It's not an indicator that they are going to mate. Provided they are mature enough and the conditions are right they very well could mate.

I would get rid of the damsel they are very aggressive. The chromis are damsels but they are peacful schooling fish, clowns are peaceful to except for maroons. Just take out the damsel and add a yellow watchman goby, firefish, or bangaii cardinal or six line wrasse.

Chromis don't school, they shoal.. and slowly kill each other until there's only one left (greens, at least.. I hear blues are nicer)

The shaking is a submission dance. Technically they are sorting out who is who in the tank. It's not an indicator that they are going to mate. Provided they are mature enough and the conditions are right they very well could mate.

+1 Congrats.

Mine have been doing that for a few months.

My lonely true perc does that as well. Only he does it by himself in the corner of the tank. It's times like these that I think he's old enough to have "The Talk" :lol:

My lonely true perc does that as well. Only he does it by himself in the corner of the tank. It's times like these that I think he's old enough to have "The Talk" :lol:

Lmao that just made my day!!!

• 2 years later...
Jeradmccarty
I would get rid of the damsel they are very aggressive. The chromis are damsels but they are peacful schooling fish, clowns are peaceful to except for maroons. Just take out the damsel and add a yellow watchman goby, firefish, or bangaii cardinal or six line wrasse.

This has nothing to do with this post but let me tell you I love the avatar, lets get tropical lol

Archived