ReefCleaners.org

Greenish bubble growing on rock

rahorman

There is a greenish, spherical bubble that has been growing on a piece of my LR, marble shaped, but clear. It has gotten bigger, and is prob the size of a peanut M&M

smokey_the_bear

Sounds like bubble algae, don't try to pop it because you will releaase it's spores and will spread. Gently pull it off the rock. I have some it's a b!tch to get rid of. If it's gets out of hand in the future look into buying emerald crabs, they will munch on it.

There is a greenish, spherical bubble that has been growing on a piece of my LR, marble shaped, but clear. It has gotten bigger, and is prob the size of a peanut M&M

Damn, now I want M&M's...

Haha yea , it actually looks kind of cool. Had an emerald but he died, maybe I'll pick another one up. Do emeralds munch on red cyano algae? Some of my rocks are showing a fair amount of this stuff now...It is long stringy looking red algae, I think its cyano..

Haha yea , it actually looks kind of cool. Had an emerald but he died, maybe I'll pick another one up. Do emeralds munch on red cyano algae? Some of my rocks are showing a fair amount of this stuff now...It is long stringy looking red algae, I think its cyano..

take the rock out and gently remove the bubble, rinse the rock and put it back- Sounds like you need to do more water changes, that will remove most of the cyano. Also watch the kind of topoff water you use, make sure its RO/DI, if its from your own RO system time to change the cartridge...

Archived