Top Shelf Aquatics

Coral Health

danthenewreefman

danthenewreefman

My Euphyllia ate a lot of brine shrimp about 2 days ago, first time i directly fed her and she ate probably 10 shrimp in one bite. She is really swollen now, but still has polyps extended, and if I walk too hard around the tank she draws the polyps in (first time I've noticed this).

I take all of this as a good sign, what does everyone else think? Being still so responsive I make the assumption it isn't dying, and likes the placement? How long (a month or two?) should it take for her to start dying if unhappy?

LOL the swollen thing is good its full or fuller. its responsive also good. just feed it regularly and you should not need to worry about how long it takes to die.

Feed mysid as well and enrich your brine for it and that should assist in its living vs dieing.. LOL :)

If it starts to die you should notice tissue receding and it constantly deflated. But it sounds like you shouldn't worry about it, seems like its nice and healthy!

danthenewreefman

Excellent, thanks y'all for the responses. I just wasn't sure about the being swollen thing, like I fed it too much.

Archived