Pod Your Reef

Black Fungus on Zoos ?

usnret

I have a small rock with about 20 zoo poylops (yellow/greeen) on it, what appered to be dark purple coralline now looks more like black fungus, hard to take a picture the poylops are extended over the area of the rock, I have had these for about 1/2 year. most likely some of the polyps are attached to sureounding rock. This is the only place in the tank I can find any thing like this.

All other coral look good, water parms are in spec.

Should I try and dip the zoos?

Not sure if it's the same case but had some brown algae like growing on a few stem. Took them out lugol dipped and brushed the algae off with a soft toothbrush worked wonders. From my own experience it seems like these zoas like being dipped and scrubbed. Gl

Not sure if it's the same case but had some brown algae like growing on a few stem. Took them out lugol dipped and brushed the algae off with a soft toothbrush worked wonders. From my own experience it seems like these zoas like being dipped and scrubbed. Gl

This sounds like a good suggestion.

Depending on the type of algae and if it's loose. I just use a turkey baster and blow it off of the polyps. The harder to reach spots I'll use a soft bristle tooth brush.. Sometime I'll dip them in Coral Revive as well just to give them a little cleaning..

Archived