SaltCritters.com

Looks like a nest...

Reefrunner

i was looking through my tank this evening and i found a few nest looking things. i have no clue what they are or if they will harm my tank. can some one give me some insite on if i should rid my tank of these... thanks so much!

th_SNC10636.jpg

i was looking through my tank this evening and i found a few nest looking things. i have no clue what they are or if they will harm my tank. can some one give me some insite on if i should rid my tank of these... thanks so much!

th_SNC10636.jpg

Looks like some type of sponge to me..

i was wondering the same thing. But this LR is Old. i had a 55g setup about 2 years ago and i kept the LR when i tore it down. i just started my tank back up and added some of that LR to this tank and bought about 3 pounds to help seed my old LR. The piece in question was from my old setup. Could this be a nest? snail or hermit?

i was wondering the same thing. But this LR is Old. i had a 55g setup about 2 years ago and i kept the LR when i tore it down. i just started my tank back up and added some of that LR to this tank and bought about 3 pounds to help seed my old LR. The piece in question was from my old setup. Could this be a nest? snail or hermit?

My money is on a sponge

My money is on a sponge

It is a sponge or an alien pod.

We'll know which one for sure if the OP never comes back.

i was hoping it would not be a sponge.. its not a color i like and its kinda in a bad spot... but the weird thing is i seen another one a little larger then this one on the opposite side of the same rock. then i looked some more and i seen 2 eraser sized ones on a completely different rock. i have never seen these in my tank before, or maybe i was not looking for them either...lol. its looks clear to me with some type of spots inside.

do copods make anything that looks like that? this morning when my lights came on i seen the black dots inside of this thing moving...

do copods make anything that looks like that? this morning when my lights came on i seen the black dots inside of this thing moving...

If you do not like the look of it pop it out. They maybe eating it because it could be dead or dying.

i tried to remove it but its on their pretty good... i am thinking of removing the rock with it on there and letting it die.. if i knew it was not harmfull i would say screw it and let it there.

thanks for your help guys/girls

Archived