Coral Vue Hydros

Osofast's Solana

osofast

Here is my first attempt at anything saltwater....

after 5 week cycle

Solana 34gal

Nova Extreme Pro

K2

Stealth pro heater 100w

stock skimmer and pump

2lbs fiji coraline covered live rock

8lbs of totoka live rock

28lbs florida dry rock

10 dwarf red hermits

10 dwarf blue hermits

a few random snails

1 really big ugly snail

1 sm blue damsel

here are a couple of pics

post-50320-1270755422_thumb.jpg

post-50320-1270755430_thumb.jpg

post-50320-1270755436_thumb.jpg

post-50320-1270755440_thumb.jpg

great thanks,

Ya I like the NEP so far, just need to come up with some moon light leds to cut out fan noise in the evening and all would be great. And I guess they are coming out with bulbs for the 20" soon, that will be great.

reeflective

Great cave/bridge! Just curious, how high did your ammonia/nitrite get? I just started a BC29 with mostly dry rock and recently added a small amount of live rock (less than you, though...only about 1.5 lbs). Was the live rock sufficient to raise ammonia and nitrite in your set-up, or did the blue damsel help things along?

Sincerely,

Reeflective

Great cave/bridge! Just curious, how high did your ammonia/nitrite get? I just started a BC29 with mostly dry rock and recently added a small amount of live rock (less than you, though...only about 1.5 lbs). Was the live rock sufficient to raise ammonia and nitrite in your set-up, or did the blue damsel help things along?

Sincerely,

Reeflective

Reeflective my ammo got up to 4.0 and my Nitrite at its highest was 1.0 using api test kit.

this live rock was bouaght local and only had to make a 25 minute car ride went right from a foam box full of tank water into my tank and really only had minimal die off at best. So I trtied to spike my ammo with overfeeding and the damsel, the store will take the damsel back when I'm done if I dont want him, but I kind of like him he seems to have a good personality and he will take food from my fingers so kind of cool.

thanks for the comments I have sort of rearranged the rock work do to a slight rock slide ...lol will have to get some new pics soon.

great thanks,

Ya I like the NEP so far, just need to come up with some moon light leds to cut out fan noise in the evening and all would be great. And I guess they are coming out with bulbs for the 20" soon, that will be great.

I just got the NEP myself and really like it. for moon lighting i went to walmart and got some 12v 18" LED strips from the automotive section. i attached them to a universal power supply that is switchable between 3v and 12v. i have found that 7.5v seems to be just right. i am using 2 strips, they cost me $14 for each one. and 9 for the power supply. 1 strip would probably be enough but i liked having 1 strip at the front and one at the back, gives a little better coverage. you can see everything in tank but it is too dark to photograph.

IMG_0387.jpg

I just got the NEP myself and really like it. for moon lighting i went to walmart and got some 12v 18" LED strips from the automotive section. i attached them to a universal power supply that is switchable between 3v and 12v. i have found that 7.5v seems to be just right. i am using 2 strips, they cost me $14 for each one. and 9 for the power supply. 1 strip would probably be enough but i liked having 1 strip at the front and one at the back, gives a little better coverage. you can see everything in tank but it is too dark to photograph.

Nice idea cota.

Here is a few updated pics

post-50320-1271111892_thumb.jpg

post-50320-1271111978_thumb.jpg

post-50320-1271111698_thumb.jpg

Archived