ReefCleaners.org

bubble in my acro

doctaq

i found a bubble on the tip of my acro a few days ago and i just ignored it, this morning there was a bunch of stringy stuff coming out of it, the bubble was all around the tip and it is smaller than a bb. i sucked it out with a pipette and the flesh looked like it was still alive, anybody experience anything like this? the polyp at the end was still out and open

Possibly a dead area of the acro that algae is taking advantage of. It's probably most prominence later in the day when the lights have been on for a little while.

cheryl jordan
i found a bubble on the tip of my acro a few days ago and i just ignored it, this morning there was a bunch of stringy stuff coming out of it, the bubble was all around the tip and it is smaller than a bb. i sucked it out with a pipette and the flesh looked like it was still alive, anybody experience anything like this? the polyp at the end was still out and open

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...p;#entry2771240

Major PITA, stop it before it spreads. I have found a 4 day blackout and raising the ph, water changes, and making sure detritus it not collecting anywhere to be the most effective.

cheryl jordan

Neither did I it was all on the tips of my SPS, and my zoanthids. I also changed out my carbon and purigen. When I did the blackout I covered the tank so it recieved no light at all. Had I acted earlier I would have been able to save my birdnest. I think the identifying factor is the development of strings and bubbles.

I wouldn't ID this as Dino right away. Can you take a photo or provide more information on your system?

+1 Don't jump the gun, get some pics. Saying Dino without proper knowledge is like seeing a fin in the ocean and yelling shark. I have been very successful with removing all algae with sugar. It's like vodka only cheaper and IMO safer.

its white and broke apart when i vaced it out, it seems isolated thus far and ill try and get a pic tonight i dont really have a problem with algae aside from geledium.

Due to a recent pm I would like to be sure you know that I don't know everything. I have only been in the hobby for half of my life or so. I only have 8 tanks in my 2 bedroom upstairs apartment, I'm not perfect just addicted. Your problem may or may not be dino,cyano,or any other of the algae's that inhabit the marine aquaria. However if you want to rid the tank of algae my suggestion is sugar. In my experience it works very well with a number of different setups, it does work better with a skimmer. I apologize if I misled anyone to believe that I'm the only one who knows how to do this hobby.

hmm, sorry i want offended or anything frankly

anyways heres pics

it was kinda swelled up like that for a couple days and today it just kinda popped or whatever, i think im just gonna frag it back and see what happens from there

post-44639-1270770392_thumb.jpg

post-44639-1270770273_thumb.jpg

Is the bubble underneath the coral tissue?

The zooxanthellae produces O2 during photosynthesis that must be removed by the coral. Maybe they're producing too much O2 cause your lighting cycle might be on too long?

Archived