Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

I need a SPS ID

jae4571

So my friend owns a local fish store and a customer broke down their tank. He gave me some frags for free as they seemed to be in pretty bad shape and were losing their color.

DSC04721.jpg

Looks like some red Montipora. Is the tan one a tan Montipora or has it just lost its coloring?

Here's where I need an ID

DSC04723.jpg

DSC04722.jpg

I was thinking these might be birdsnest? but am unsure. Any help would be appreciated.

Currently I have these in a quarentine tank and will move them into my solana once I am sure they are disease and pest free.

Thanks again for the help.

Carlton'sTank

3rd one to me almost looks like an encrusting monti that encrusted over an old branching sps skeleton. Clearer picture will help, but the tiny polyps and growth looks like a monti. Spongodes branches sometimes, but this doesn't look like that to me.

3rd one to me almost looks like an encrusting monti that encrusted over an old branching sps skeleton. Clearer picture will help, but the tiny polyps and growth looks like a monti. Spongodes branches sometimes, but this doesn't look like that to me.

+1 for having encrusted over a skeleton. Otherwise, the only acro it even resembles IMO is the ORA Australian Delicate Stag.

Regardless they look rough and should be grown out for proper identification. Looks like acro to me but second guess would be digitata.

Archived