Innovative Marine Aquariums

CPR Aeroforce, AquaC Remora and Octopus HOB Skimmers

32Bit_Fish

I'm looking to buy a HOB protein skimmer for my 38G tank.

What would recommend among these three skimmers?

CPR Aeroforce, AquaC Remora and an Octopus (not sure what model is the best one).

I appreciate any inputs.

Out of the 3, I would say maybe the Remora. However, I would recommend the Warner Marine H1. Nemo and other people here have it and apparantly its amazing. I also saw some reviews on RC and they're all very satisfied with it.

I'm looking to buy a HOB protein skimmer for my 38G tank.

What would recommend among these three skimmers?

CPR Aeroforce, AquaC Remora and an Octopus (not sure what model is the best one).

I appreciate any inputs.

I have the Aeroforce.... Nice skimmer, pulls a ton of gunk out of the tank daily. The unit has been reliable and is easy to clean. hope this helps.

I have the Aeroforce.... Nice skimmer, pulls a ton of gunk out of the tank daily. The unit has been reliable and is easy to clean. hope this helps.

Reefbee,

Is the Aeroforce loud?

I also am using the Aeroforce. It is not silent, but I don't think it is overly loud either. It kind of depends on what you consider loud. I have it just outside my bedroom and it doesn't bother me to sleep with the door open. It is a nice white noise. I am happy with the performance and the minimal tank intrusion as well.

Do u guys leave the skimmer on 24/7? I saw someone posted a thread regarding the skimmer. It makes me wonder whether I should leave it on at all the time.

I wouldnt need to worry about the noise if I can leave the skimmer off at night. :D

AFRobert568

I’m not sure why, but it seems that on my bacpak I get more bubbles ‘skim’ in my collection chamber at night. I keep mine on 24/7.

The say the skimmer I got is loud, but it is not that bad. It sounds like a hissing sound. It might help you sleep if it is a constant sound. I find that slams and bangs interrupt my sleep.

I’m not sure why, but it seems that on my bacpak I get more bubbles ‘skim’ in my collection chamber at night.

Could it be that the lights were off and it helped the skimmer to pull more dirt out of the water?

I had an AquaC remora before and I had to use wet paper towel to cover the chambers around the collection cup to muzzle out some of the noise. Just wondering the aeroforce does a better job skim the water and a little quieter than the remora.

The remoras only offer decent performance with the mag drive pumps. The aeroforce is alot quiete, better performance, and does not take alot of the tank space with the pico 400 (size of motorola express beeper) prepump.

The octopus models overflow and you will have to keep a close eye on them.

The WM H1 is the best HOB for 50gallons and below.

The Deltec MCE300 comes in second due to alittle less performance, harder to clean and the price.

The wm, deltec, and cpr (best skimmer cpr has ever produced) are pretty quiet for the performance.

The remoras only offer decent performance with the mag drive pumps. The aeroforce is alot quiete, better performance, and does not take alot of the tank space with the pico 400 (size of motorola express beeper) prepump.

The octopus models overflow and you will have to keep a close eye on them.

The WM H1 is the best HOB for 50gallons and below.

The Deltec MCE300 comes in second due to alittle less performance, harder to clean and the price.

The wm, deltec, and cpr (best skimmer cpr has ever produced) are pretty quiet for the performance.

Why is WM H1 the best among all of these skimmers? Thanks

Because it's more efficient. The pump, venturi,reaction chamber, neck size, is matched up properly. Thats actually the most important part when it comes to designing a good skimmer. Round and Cone shapes are the most efficient designs for a skimmer.

kind reefer

The AeroForce is very quiet comparing to other skimmers. Keep in mind, EVERY skimmer will make some noise as the air mixes with the water. I contacted CPR and they told me to switch out the air valve with a wood air diffuser and it silenced the airline completely! The air stone still let the skimmer fill with bubbles and I get a lot nasty stuff in the cup. Give it a try.

I need to try the wood air diffuser when I think to get one. Maybe that will change my impressions. They need to come out with a surface skimmer though.

Archived