ReefCleaners.org

Apex Base Controller Package "Group Buy"

cmagallon

It looks like if the money it sent by PayPal as a personal transfer there will be no fee if it is sent from a checking account. I hope that is the case because I would rather instantly pay so my unit gets to me faster rather than waiting for a check to go through the mail and clear the bank.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_display-fees-outside

"Free when the money comes from PayPal balance or bank account."

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so did the invoices go out? i haven't received an email.

Not yet, but I'm sure that one thing we don't have to worry about.

foreverfortune

did anyone get any invoices or confirmation of your order? im just curious as i havent recieved anything, thought maybe ive been missed.

did anyone get any invoices or confirmation of your order? im just curious as i havent recieved anything, thought maybe ive been missed.

nothin here

ddwbeagles

Cmagallon has two GBs going on here, with arms that reach over to a few other boards as well as his local club.. I believe he is the president or at least an extremely attactive member of San Fernando Valley Reefing Club, etc... His past group buys have gone well and this one will too. Be patient, the invoices will come, he is just a busy man. May I suggest this. As soon as one person gets their invoice, you ought to respond here, so the GB members will be then know to be on the lookout for same.

Now just to ramble. To me it's not a "sign of things to come", but reality that life keeps us all pretty busy. If it were a scam the one thing you wouldn't have to worry about is the organizer collecting your money. And as far as speedy delivery..... Haven't been in a GB yet that was quick. Time is often the price you pay for savings. Here the savings are significant enough to more than make up for the wait. Just my humble $0.02 worth.

Cmagallon has two GBs going on here, with arms that reach over to a few other boards as well as his local club.. I believe he is the president or at least an extremely attactive member of San Fernando Valley Reefing Club, etc... His past group buys have gone well and this one will too. Be patient, the invoices will come, he is just a busy man. May I suggest this. As soon as one person gets their invoice, you ought to respond here, so the GB members will be then know to be on the lookout for same.

Now just to ramble. To me it's not a "sign of things to come", but reality that life keeps us all pretty busy. If it were a scam the one thing you wouldn't have to worry about is the organizer collecting your money. And as far as speedy delivery..... Haven't been in a GB yet that was quick. Time is often the price you pay for savings. Here the savings are significant enough to more than make up for the wait. Just my humble $0.02 worth.

My comment about it hopefully not being a sign of things to come was not directed at Cmagallon at all since it is the store who we are buying these from who was supposed to send out the invoices and still hasn't. It could very well just be that they are busy, and I certainly understand how that goes.

So we have a payment due in 2 days but no invoice. For those mailing in there payment I hope it's going to work out.

So we have a payment due in 2 days but no invoice. For those mailing in there payment I hope it's going to work out.

2 days? Its due today according to OP post

ddwbeagles

"Neptune putting a stop to it?"

I doubt it. Even though they have a fairly limitted authorized dealership presence in the US, they are not like Tunze. (Great company BTW), but manage their retail and online pricing like no other. Not you will never see more than a 5% difference in pricing for "same item" regardless of where or who you buy it from. There is a pretty broad range with Apex stuff, although I admit, I have never seen a package come close to this price. Either way, we'll hear something soon. Conrad hasn't logged onto any of the boards including his own since the 29th. My guess is the man is enjoying a well deserved weekend. Or (ready for this?) Rockfish called and said he is now accepting visitors :o . That will only be funny to the NR folks who know the infamous Rock who is on "holiday". Sorry, it's early.

Truth be told, like every group buy there always seems to be a spike in interest right after the group buy closes. If this gets extended another week, maybe we can hit the price points (i.e. 12 units) on a few of the other accessory items. So, everyone buy the damn PM2 module and conductivity probe so I can save $20. :D In reality, it is pretty cool to be able to monitor your salinity and graph changes. Might show data were you're spiking the parameters by setting your top off float switch too low.....or......use it to trigger ATO instead of a mechanical float switch. I don't know, don't have the thing yet, but already thinking about all the possible uses for the whole unit.

2 days? Its due today according to OP post

Look at his last couple of posts on page 6. He says invoices will go out April 29 with payment due may 5

I PMed him my info but never got an invoice....:(

I'm pretty sure no one has gotten an invoice yet but if you PMed him prior to the 28th he should have PMed you back saying you were added to the list.

This is weird. I don't normally use nano-reef, but for whatever reason it is not sending me email notifications when this thread updates.

I would also like to know whats going on with the ordering process. We made 12 people for the base model and the extra EB8, but I don't know who to send my money too.

Archived