Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Apex Base Controller Package "Group Buy"

cmagallon

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Question about the 3% added for PayPal. If we send it as a gift payment to avoid the 3% fees, can we avoid adding the extra 3% to a PayPal transaction?

I'm not accountant but If he gets too much "gifts", the IRS will count it as income and he'll have to pay income tax on it. I forgot what's the limit.

im interested in one apex package, can you email me the info

All the details are posted in the thread.

You need to PM user cmagallon with the items you want to be listed for in the Group Buy and he will add you to the list.

I'm not accountant but If he gets too much "gifts", the IRS will count it as income and he'll have to pay income tax on it. I forgot what's the limit.

I think it's the other way around, I think the person giving the gift pays the taxes, not the person getting it. And it's a fairly large amount, I think over 10k.

FreakinReefin
I think it's the other way around, I think the person giving the gift pays the taxes, not the person getting it. And it's a fairly large amount, I think over 10k.

Nope, other way around...person receiving would pay a capital gain tax. Don't worry about the amount. This would have to go above $12k for any taxes to be paid.(depending on the state)

Please add me to the list for Apex base & Standard Probe + EB8. Thanks and you have been PM'd.

lol, no gift option guys, sorry. You can mail them your payment if interested. LMK and I will provide you with a mailing address.

The sponsor will be sending out invoices starting on April 29th. Remeber all payments need to be in by the 5th.

Please verify the list.

If you're doing a joint delivery, please let me know who you are.

Apex Base $395.00 GB List (12 units required for discount)

-cmagallon w/standard pH probe

-madmike w/standard pH probe

-ddwbeagles w/lab grade pH probe

-jackaninny w/standard pH probe (PNWMAS group)

-Nate213 w/standard pH probe

-Taqpol w/standard pH probe

-96gts w/standard pH probe

-earliris w/standard pH probe

-nole1968 w/standard pH probe

-Milad w/standard pH probe

-Doo w/standard pH probe

-ming w/standard pH probe

-Ross110 w/standard pH probe

-lewk w/standard pH probe

-aybates w/standard pH probe

-flinster w/standard pH probe

-RRaider w/standard pH probe

-Humblelobster w/standard pH probe

-JayG w/standard pH probe

-GEORGEDOPE w/standard pH probe

-Danik w/standard pH probe

-gbreynol w/standard pH probe

-acesq w/standard pH probe

-parzifal w/standard pH probe

-rjinct w/standard pH probe

-FreakinReefin w/standard pH probe

EB8 GB List $125 (12 units required for discount)

-madmike

-ddwbeagles

-Nate213

-Taqpol

-Milad

-ming

-flinster

-Humblelobster

-acesq

-parzifal

-rjinct

-FreakinReefin

-96gts

PM2 $75 (12min GB price)

-ddwbeagles

-guia x

Cond. Probe $110 (12min GB price )

-ddwbeagles

-giua x

Standard pH probe $38(no min required)

-guia x (2ea)

-ming

-ddwbeagles

If we pay by PayPal but send the money from a checking account rather than credit card will we still be charged the 3% fee?

Thank you

Jason

Can I get the mailing address to send a check? Also, who do I write the check out to?

I prefer to send through paypal since its instant, but to save over $15 in pp fees, I'll send a check instead.

Nope, other way around...person receiving would pay a capital gain tax. Don't worry about the amount. This would have to go above $12k for any taxes to be paid.(depending on the state)

this is wrong. there is no federal income tax on gifts for the recipient (in most cases), and while the donor is limited to an exemption of (last time i checked, which has been a few years) $12k per donee per year (and a $1mil lifetime limit), after that exemption is exhausted, federal gift tax is charged to the donor at its own progressive rate unrelated to any capital gains tax rates.

(edited to clarify that the $12k is an exemption limit)

this is wrong. there is no federal income tax on gifts for the recipient (in most cases), and while the donor is limited to (last time i checked, which has been a few years) $12k per donee per year (and a $1mil lifetime limit), federal gift tax is charged to the donor at its own progressive rate unrelated to any capital gains tax rates.

That's definitely wrong. I can donate more then 12k a year if i wanted to.

You might be thinking on how much you can donate AND have a tax deduction on for the donator.

And there definitely is a limit on how much gifts you can get until its taxed, at least here in NY. The reason why if someone gave me a brand new car, unless the car was under $12k(i might be wrong on this number), I would have the pay the tax on the value of the car

That's definitely wrong. I can donate more then 12k a year if i wanted to.

You might be thinking on how much you can donate AND have a tax deduction on for the donator.

And there definitely is a limit on how much gifts you can get until its taxed, at least here in NY. The reason why if someone gave me a brand new car, unless the car was under $12k(i might be wrong on this number), I would have the pay the tax on the value of the car

i know you can donate more than $12k per year if you wanted to -- i said that you were limited to $12k per year per donee, but that you were then taxed on a progressive tax rate. i guess i could've made that clearer by saying "limited to $12k for a tax exemption", but i figured that was implied by what i said. in any event, you don't pay federal taxes as the recipient of a gift of a car, unless it wasn't a gift. you may pay state taxes. the donor (not the recipient) may have to pay federal gift taxes, depending on how much the car is worth/how much they've already given to the recipient that year.

there is no federal limit on how much you, as a donee, can get in gifts before it is taxed. gifts are simply not taxable income. like i said, you may have gift taxes that are state specific, but it's not a federal tax.

the real problem is that you are getting confused between federal income exclusions for the recipient of a gift and federal gift tax exemption limits for the donor of a gift. they are two different things. you are also confusing your state taxes with federal taxes, which i said may vary.

1) recipient/donee can receive unlimited gifts, which are excluded from gross income on a federal tax level (though there may be state taxes that apply)

2) donor can make $12k in gifts per year per donee (and $1mil in donor's lifetime) before owing any federal gift taxes. those taxes are charged to the donor on a progressive rate scale.

3) state income and gift taxes may vary.

makes sense?

edit: also, you're talking about "donating more than $12k" -- well, that's true, too -- but, if you're "donating" in a way that you want to be deductible from your gross income, it has to be to a qualifying charitable organization (not to an individual), or else it's just a gift and excluded from income to the donee and is taxable as a gift to the donor (if it exceeds the exemption limits).

i know you can donate more than $12k per year if you wanted to -- i said that you were limited to $12k per year per donee, but that you were then taxed on a progressive tax rate. i guess i could've made that clearer by saying "limited to $12k for a tax exemption", but i figured that was implied by what i said. in any event, you don't pay federal taxes as the recipient of a gift of a car, unless it wasn't a gift. you may pay state taxes. the donor (not the recipient) may have to pay federal gift taxes, depending on how much the car is worth/how much they've already given to the recipient that year.

there is no federal limit on how much you, as a donee, can get in gifts before it is taxed. gifts are simply not taxable income. like i said, you may have gift taxes that are state specific, but it's not a federal tax.

the real problem is that you are getting confused between federal income exclusions for the recipient of a gift and federal gift tax exemption limits for the donor of a gift. they are two different things. you are also confusing your state taxes with federal taxes, which i said may vary.

1) recipient/donee can receive unlimited gifts, which are excluded from gross income on a federal tax level (though there may be state taxes that apply)

2) donor can make $12k in gifts per year per donee (and $1mil in donor's lifetime) before owing any federal gift taxes. those taxes are charged to the donor on a progressive rate scale.

3) state income and gift taxes may vary.

makes sense?

makes more sense :)

The sponsor will be sending out invoices starting on April 29th. Remeber all payments need to be in by the 5th.

Please verify the list.

-cmagallon w/standard pH probe (payment by check)

-Doo w/standard pH probe

-gbreynol w/standard pH probe (payment by check)

-FateX9 w/standard pH probe

-madmike

-ddwbeagles

-Nate213

-Taqpol

-Milad

-ming

-flinster

-Humblelobster

-acesq

-parzifal

-rjinct

-FreakinReefin

-96gts

-reefcam (3ea) (PNWMAS group)

PM2 $75 (12min GB price)

-ddwbeagles

-guia x

-ddwbeagles

-giua x

-guia x (2ea)

-ming

-ddwbeagles

Got you bro:)

Happy B-day

Happy 29th birthday to me...

I'll take a base pkg with standard pH probe.

I will not be taking any more orders after the 28th, the sponsor will be sending out invoices starting April 29th. Remeber all payments need to be in by the 5th.

Please verify the list.

-cmagallon w/standard pH probe (payment by check)

-Doo w/standard pH probe

-gbreynol w/standard pH probe (payment by check)

-FateX9 w/standard pH probe

-nu_beta_2016 w/standard pH probe

-madmike

-ddwbeagles

-Nate213

-Taqpol

-Milad

-ming

-flinster

-Humblelobster

-acesq

-parzifal

-rjinct

-FreakinReefin

-96gts

-reefcam (3ea) (PNWMAS group)

PM2 $75 (12min GB price)

-ddwbeagles

-guia x

-ddwbeagles

-giua x

-guia x (2ea)

-ming

-ddwbeagles

*****I will not be taking any more orders after the 28th, the sponsor will be sending out invoices starting April 29th. Remeber all payments need to be in by the 5th.*****

foreverfortune

am i to late? i just saw this now. if possible can i please get in for a apex base with std probe. and an addional eb8. thanks hopefully i can still get in on this....

Hey Conrad, since we didn't get 12 people for the PM2 module, please just put me down for the two standard probes. I'll just save my money for your Vortech GB. :lol:

If we pay by PayPal but send the money from a checking account rather than credit card will we still be charged the 3% fee?

Thank you

Jason

Didn't see an answer to this. If you could let us know, that would be great. Paypal won't charge a 3% fee to the seller if it comes from a checking account.

Thanks!

Didn't see an answer to this. If you could let us know, that would be great. Paypal won't charge a 3% fee to the seller if it comes from a checking account.

Thanks!

I may be wrong, but I think PP still charges the 3% if it comes from a checking account....

PS: I have not received an invoice. Has anyone?

I may be wrong, but I think PP still charges the 3% if it comes from a checking account....

PS: I have not received an invoice. Has anyone?

Not I.

Archived