Coral Vue Hydros

Apex Base Controller Package "Group Buy"

cmagallon

IAnd its bottom line, many of us will be looking elsewhere for their controller needs.

I will be one of those people that will be purchasing another brand controller now. To help pay for the Apex I sold my Tunze 7095 and Pinpoint PH controller. My DIY LED project was only waiting for the Apex so I could connect the dimmable drivers and get those online. I will be returning the Neptune cables I've already purchased and put the credit towards another brand controller. I personally would have still considered the Apex if they gave notice far earlier notice than they did. To wait until people have bought other accessories, have been planning on getting the Apex for weeks and waiting until people paid is uncalled for.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
cmagallon

*****GB Closed*****

Hey guys I just saw all this stuff about GB closing. So I contacted our sponsor and it looks like a bunch of haters (stores) threaten to close their account with Neptune Systems if he didn't put a stop to this GB. From what I was told the GB was too successful. The sponsor said he will start issuing refunds today.

I will email everyone involved in the GB with details.

Sorry guys we tried.

Thanks Conrad for the update. I knew other vendors were pissed about this... it's always an issue with many vendors and these group buys... I see it all the time... "support your LFS".. well I do, but seriously, if you are going to close shop because of loosing some sales, maybe you should be closing shop.

Oh well.. let's start an underground GB and only non-vendors can see or participate. :)

cmagallon

We tried buddy,

I leave for a camping trip and it all goes to hell, lol.

I still have about 80 PM's I need to go through. And I still haven't had a chance to read through all the posts. What a pain.

Yeah, it sucks. This was a one time deal, non profit. I would love to know who complained, lol.

Thanks for understanding bro, I'm sure there be a bunch who don't.

Thanks Conrad for the update. I knew other vendors were pissed about this... it's always an issue with many vendors and these group buys... I see it all the time... "support your LFS".. well I do, but seriously, if you are going to close shop because of loosing some sales, maybe you should be closing shop.

Oh well.. let's start an underground GB and only non-vendors can see or participate. :)

jackaninny
We tried buddy,

I still have about 80 PM's I need to go through. And I still haven't had a chance to read through all the posts. What a pain.

Yeah, it sucks. This was a one time deal, non profit. I would love to know who complained, lol.

Thanks for understanding bro, I'm sure there be a bunch who don't.

Is always starts as a simple camping trip and then the aliens land or the dead guy comes back to life and starts killing people. :lol:

So look like it's dead. Anyone up for a GB for RKE or Profilux?

I know I would be interested in another group buy attempt. Since the time I learned that things were going to fall apart with the Apex I've been researching the Profilux line and they look like impressive units. The MSRP is a bit more than the Apex and RKE though.

I know I'm new to this site but if there is interest in another group buy I have no problem doing the legwork.

Jason

ddwbeagles
We tried buddy,

Wasn't your fault. Thanks for putting this on. Just how the cookie crumbles sometimes. Thanks again Conrad.

I know I would be interested in another group buy attempt. Since the time I learned that things were going to fall apart with the Apex I've been researching the Profilux line and they look like impressive units. The MSRP is a bit more than the Apex and RKE though.

I know I'm new to this site but if there is interest in another group buy I have no problem doing the legwork.

Jason

Man, I think I need some healing time. I have done a lot of GBs, but it's too soon after this ordeal for me to jump in another. The only way I would is if the Manufacturer stated upfront on page1, that they will support and honor the GB and retailer involved.

Okay, here's the deal. After all of us get our money back from this GB, I'll be happy to contact Neptune and one of Nano-Reef sponsors to see whether I can get a GB going. It will have to be simple order with only Apex Base w/Std PH probe and maybe also EB8. This will only be available for people that are already in the GB, I'll contact cmagallon for their email. I see that we have 28 Apex and 16 EB8 order, so the max will be for these . No need for money up front, I'll buy them with my own money and ship them to my office. And will ship them out from my office when I get them.

Jason

jackaninny
Okay, here's the deal. After all of us get our money back from this GB, I'll be happy to contact Neptune and one of Nano-Reef sponsors to see whether I can get a GB going. It will have to be simple order with only Apex Base w/Std PH probe and maybe also EB8. This will only be available for people that are already in the GB, I'll contact cmagallon for their email. I see that we have 28 Apex and 16 EB8 order, so the max will be for these . No need for money up front, I'll buy them with my own money and ship them to my office. And will ship them out from my office when I get them.

Jason

Who are you? Superman?! :)

Just someone trying to see whether I can still make this GB happen. Even if it's at a slightly higher price, I'm sure there will still be quite a few that are still interested.

I would be interested in RKL GB..screwed this Neptune. The way they treated the customers

It's just one of many in that same price range that have recently completed or are going on with a lower profile to avoid becoming the next buzz kill.

That was actually when the Neptune Apex first debuted in September 2009.......

jackaninny
I would be interested in RKL GB..screwed this Neptune. The way they treated the customers

Totally your choice but please remember Curt from Neptune probably had little choice but to step in and make his other dealer customers happy even it meant losing a large sale to some individuals. I think we all wanted Neptune to possibly "split the difference" or offer up something else and the continued silence only makes people more agitated.

Life goes on.

ddwbeagles

Curt is ON right now and according to his profile is somewhere in the "Hardware Classifieds" section. (Hmm....wonder what post he is reading?) Who knows, maybe he is shopping for a used light or something. Guess we'll see if there is any updates from him hitting this thread. Wouldn't be very presidential just to lurk and at least not try and save some face with some potential customers. We'll see.

jackaninny
Curt is ON right now and according to his profile is somewhere in the "Hardware Classifieds" section. (Hmm....wonder what post he is reading?) Who knows, maybe he is shopping for a used light or something. Guess we'll see if there is any updates from him hitting this thread. Wouldn't be very presidential just to lurk and at least not try and save some face with some potential customers. We'll see.

Drumroll please.....

Archived