ReefCleaners.org

Apex Base Controller Package "Group Buy"

cmagallon

The SFVR Group Buy is here!

This GB is open to all reefers, you are not required to be a SFVR members, but SFVR will receive an additional $5 off.

(Please support NR, anyone with a premium membership will be given a $10 SFVR membership dues discount, PM me for "new membership" details)

OK, after talking with another sponsor this is how’s it’s going to work. We need a min of 12 orders to qualify for GB discount.

The GB prices for; (one unit per GB member only)

Apex Base Package w/standard ph probe: $395 (retails for $499)

-1 Apex Base Unit

-1 PH standard Probe

-1 Temperature Probe

-1 Apex Display Module w/ 10’ AquaBus cable

-1 EnergyBar 8

-1 6’ AquaBus cable

-1 Owner’s Manual

May 3rd will be payment day, everyone participating in the GB needs to send payment to the sponsor on the 3rd or you will not be able to participate, this needs to be a group buy purchase. Payment information will be will be emailed to the GB members 5 days prior to deadline.

Out of state members pay no sales tax, paypal verified address must be

out of state. Sponsor will ship to out of state members for $12.00ea.

If payment is paypaled the sponsor will charge a 3% paypal fee. If the GB member

decides to pay cash, money order or check- there is no fee.

Local members can pick up there order at one of our meets or make arrangements to meet at sponsors shop. Or you could opt for shipment $12.00

Once all payments have been received, they should be at the sponsor’s shop in a week or so.

PM your your full name and email address if interested.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Learning2Reef
link worked for me now. try it again for prices :-)

You should contact ReefGeek as they do group buy pricing and they will give you a discount on the unit. Just an FYI

I have the Apex unit and if I would do it all over again I would skip buying the display unit. I have mine hooked up to my computer and so every time I want to check the parameters or modify an outlet I do it from my computer. The display looks cool but that is just about it. It is a pain in the butt going through the menus to make any changes. Heck, I would even consider selling my display unit if anyone is interested. If you ask anyone who has one of these you will find that most everyone uses their computer to monitor their system. By accessing it this way you will also be able to see graphs/charts for various parameters. Bottom line, save yourself $150 and get the base unit/energy bar 8 instead of paying the same amount and getting the Lite version. Just my .02

Gotta be a member to see the GB prices...

So you have to pay to see how much you are going to pay? I think more people would be more inclined to pay the membership dues if they knew they would recover the cost and possibly save more money.

So you have to pay to see how much you are going to pay? I think more people would be more inclined to pay the membership dues if they knew they would recover the cost and possibly save more money.

That's the way I take it... GB prices are Xed out, you only see the suggested retail at the other site.

Do they sell the base unit by itself? I don't see that as an option on Neptune's site. If I could put it in place of my current ACIII that would solve my upcoming dimming issue. I now normally access the ACIII through my computer.

Tim

That's the way I take it... GB prices are Xed out, you only see the suggested retail at the other site.

Do they sell the base unit by itself? I don't see that as an option on Neptune's site. If I could put it in place of my current ACIII that would solve my upcoming dimming issue. I now normally access the ACIII through my computer.

Tim

I visited Neptune's site and they have all the components priced separately so I would assume you can purchase everything individually. In fact, i don't see why you couldn't since they boast how you can add countless energy bars and base units to expand your system.

Gotta be a member to see the GB prices...

we realize that. we want to see the prices BEFORE we pay money to be a member of the site.

That's the hook... not my rules. With bobafet1's info on the control module I'll be out of the market for the full system anyway. I'm not curious enough to join their club either.

Tim

Well it's all been said at this point. I'm in the market for two controllers, still deciding whether to go Neptune, AquaController, Reefkeeper or Apex. So this GB caught my attention, but I....... like what seems to be everyone else, am not going to become a member for a club on the other coast just to view prices and then decide if it's worth it. Your lighting GB went off well, but this is one I'm passing on at the moment.

I have the Apex unit and if I would do it all over again I would skip buying the display unit. I have mine hooked up to my computer and so every time I want to check the parameters or modify an outlet I do it from my computer. The display looks cool but that is just about it. It is a pain in the butt going through the menus to make any changes. Heck, I would even consider selling my display unit if anyone is interested. If you ask anyone who has one of these you will find that most everyone uses their computer to monitor their system. By accessing it this way you will also be able to see graphs/charts for various parameters. Bottom line, save yourself $150 and get the base unit/energy bar 8 instead of paying the same amount and getting the Lite version. Just my .02

What do you do when you have to turn off your pumps to feed your tank or turn off your skimmer, lights, etc? Run back and forth to your computer or have a laptop next to your tank at all times? I find the display unit quite handy. So I can control the unit right there without having to run around to a computer. Plus I'd rather not risk having my laptop anywhere near water. No matter how hard I try to keep water in the tank, it always somehow finds its way on the floor or on the furnitures. Besides, if you add it all up, you would only be saving about $50, not $150 (based on MSRP of all the products you are getting with a base package minus the display unit). It is probably alot less with this GB. Call me lazy but it is so worth it for me.

So how much saving after the membership? It's like Costco LOL except we dont know the price but like Pelosi said, vote for the bill and you will know what's in there

What do you do when you have to turn off your pumps to feed your tank or turn off your skimmer, lights, etc? Run back and forth to your computer or have a laptop next to your tank at all times? I find the display unit quite handy. So I can control the unit right there without having to run around to a computer. Plus I'd rather not risk having my laptop anywhere near water. No matter how hard I try to keep water in the tank, it always somehow finds its way on the floor or on the furnitures. Besides, if you add it all up, you would only be saving about $50, not $150 (based on MSRP of all the products you are getting with a base package minus the display unit). It is probably alot less with this GB. Call me lazy but it is so worth it for me.

Well, what works for you may not necessarily work for others which is why I decided that I don't really need it. My computer is not too far from my tank and it is a lot more convenient this way. If I need to shut something off it is a lot faster unplugging the unit or accessing it from my computer then scrolling through the menus on the Apex Display Unit. Call me crazy but I actually own the unit and can tell you from experience, as will others who have it, that making adjustments via the computer is a lot more user friendly and quicker. For example, to name an outlet you have to scroll through each character in the alphabet, digits, misc symbols, etc...until you arrive at the specific letter you want to choose. This can be very annoying after a while. But, don't just take my word for it...ask other users.

But hey, if spending the extra money makes you feel better then knock your socks off. It's all about what works for you.

Well, what works for you may not necessarily work for others which is why I decided that I don't really need it. My computer is not too far from my tank and it is a lot more convenient this way. If I need to shut something off it is a lot faster unplugging the unit or accessing it from my computer then scrolling through the menus on the Apex Display Unit. Call me crazy but I actually own the unit and can tell you from experience, as will others who have it, that making adjustments via the computer is a lot more user friendly and quicker. For example, to name an outlet you have to scroll through each character in the alphabet, digits, misc symbols, etc...until you arrive at the specific letter you want to choose. This can be very annoying after a while. But, don't just take my word for it...ask other users.

But hey, if spending the extra money makes you feel better then knock your socks off. It's all about what works for you.

I have an Apex and have been using it since August last year. So I know from experience as well. How many Energybars do you have? Try unplugging and plugging outlets to three EB8 and see how convenient it is. Setting up outlets is done initially. I never had to setup an outlet, other than change some programming, after I did it the first time. I have two tanks to feed, so running back and forth to turn off pumps would be a bigger pain dealing with it everyday compared to programming outlets. Manually turning off stuff takes about two clicks and a few scrolling and another couple clicks to turn on/off the outlet you want. I can probably be done turning off my skimmer, ATO, phosban reactor, brs reactor, and return pumps before you can run to your computer. But whatever. Like you said what works for you, may not work for me. Just don't make it sound like it's a useless tool, because it really is not and you are not saving as much as you make it sound.

lol,

If that's what our members want:) then that's what they get :D

Not much activity on this thread other than some bantering. Cmagallon, your club benifits from volume discounts and those only grow as the size/volume increases. There are a lot of us that are very serious about getting in this group buy but aren't thrilled with the conditions. Any wiggle room there? May I make a humble suggestion. Maybe post (or PM me :ninja: ) the prices and THEN make it a condition to join the club before getting in on the group buy. That would make so much more sense. Not trying to give you a hard time, I am a serious potential buyer that needs two controllers w/multiple accessories. Anyway, I'm sure you can see our point here. $10 isn't jack and I spend 20 times that in annual on-line board sponsorships/ugraded memberships fees. But I know up front what I'm getting/paying for. Heck for all I know this could be shilling and you get club dues to boot.

Not much activity on this thread other than some bantering. Cmagallon, your club benifits from volume discounts and those only grow as the size/volume increases. There are a lot of us that are very serious about getting in this group buy but aren't thrilled with the conditions. Any wiggle room there? May I make a humble suggestion. Maybe post (or PM me :ninja: ) the prices and THEN make it a condition to join the club before getting in on the group buy. That would make so much more sense. Not trying to give you a hard time, I am a serious potential buyer that needs two controllers w/multiple accessories. Anyway, I'm sure you can see our point here. $10 isn't jack and I spend 20 times that in annual on-line board sponsorships/ugraded memberships fees. But I know up front what I'm getting/paying for. Heck for all I know this could be shilling and you get club dues to boot.

+1

One big caveat though from not having the display unit.. There are some things that MUST be programmed via the display. Just off the top of my head these are:

1) Changing the password to access the Apex

2) Calibrating PH (this is pretty critical)

3) Setting the feed timers

I'm sure there are more, but you NEED the display unit, at least during initial setup.

The SFVR Group Buy is here!

This GB is open to all reefers, you are not required to be a SFVR members, but SFVR will receive an additional $5 off.

(Please support NR, anyone with a premium membership will be given a $10 SFVR membership dues discount, PM me for "new membership" details)

OK, after talking with another sponsor this is how’s it’s going to work. We need a min of 12 orders to qualify for GB.

The GB prices for; (one unit per GB member only)

Apex Base Package w/standard ph probe: $395 (retails for $499)

-1 Apex Base Unit

-1 PH standard Probe

-1 Temperature Probe

-1 Apex Display Module w/ 10’ AquaBus cable

-1 EnergyBar 8

-1 6’ AquaBus cable

-1 Owner’s Manual

May 3rd will be payment day, everyone participating in the GB needs to send payment to the sponsor on the 3rd or you will not be able to participate, this needs to be a group buy purchase. Payment information will be will be emailed to the GB members 5 days prior to deadline.

Out of state members pay no sales tax, paypal verified address must be

out of state. Sponsor will ship to out of state members for $12.00ea.

If payment is paypaled the sponsor will charge a 3% paypal fee. If the GB member

decides to pay cash, money order or check- there is no fee.

Local members can pick up there order at one of our meets or make arrangements to meet at sponsors shop. Or you could opt for shipment $12.00

Once all payments have been received, they should be at the sponsor’s shop in a week or so.

PM your your full name and email address if interested.

Archived