SaltCritters.com

Biocube 14 with built in fish saver...

fishandchips

fishandchips

Okay, here's a weird one...

We've had our blue spot jawfish for about 2 weeks now, he stays in his jawfish house, and seems to be happy. The 14 gallon Biocube is the newer version, with the fish saver divider built in. I see no possible way for a fish, especially one as big as a jawfish, to get into the rear chambers.

Last night when the light turned off and when I went to bed that jawfish was there in his house, and I know no one opened the tank's top, that tank was untouched over night. This morning I wake up due to the splashing I hear, and when I check the tank the jawfish isn't there, where he always is. He somehow managed to get in chamber 3, and there he stayed until we finally could get him out.

Does anyone know how in the world he got back there? :blink:

It doesn't take much of a gap for them to jump through. I've read several reports of them jumping through egg crate tops. At least it still wet/alive. :)

steviejitsu

yea. I had 2 bluespot jawfish jump out on me. Jumped out of a 1 inch gap next to my HOB filter... The second time, I forgot to close the cover I made for that 1 inch gap for one night... Dumb me... o well

Archived