Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Euphyllia's Red Sea Max 130 (34 Gallons)

Euphyllia

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dude, just saw the 33 month vid.... incredible.

Haha, it looks like crap now. My prized zoas are dying. The have some sort of disease. The center frogspawn was removed to make space for the birdsnests that I was saving from death in my BioCube 29 HQI. With a little work it should look pretty again. Just did huge maintenance on this.

My peppermint shrimp might die from shock because I forgot he was floating in the bag and I opened the hood and left the room. I found him swimming out of the bag when I reentered the room. Hopefully the water didn't mix too much, but there weren't really any pests in the tank I got him from, so I'm not too worried.

• 2 months later...
*waves*

Dropping by to tell you I got a laugh out of your avatar.

Nice tank :)

Haha, thanks. I love memes!

And thanks about the tank too! :P

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
albertthiel

Superb ... the spawn and the keeping the eggs safe ... Great shot too

Albert

Euphyllia's Red Sea Max 130

FTS 7/22/11

10xc4tk.jpg

Newest Tank Video:

Fish

- Spawning pair of Black Ocellaris Clownfish (Nemonia & Larangitis)

- Bbaannggaaii Cardinalfish

- Six-line Wrasse

Invertebrates

- Peppermint Shrimp

- Countless snails of many sorta

- Countless Red and Blue Leg Hermit Crabs

- Who knows whatever else is in there

Corals (Favorites are underlined in italics)

- 8" Frogspawn

- 4" Hammer Coral

- 2" Frogspawn

- Giant colony of some sort of green zoas

- Large colony of Eagle Eye zoas

- Large colony of Ring of Fire zoas

- Medium colony of Green Bay Packers

- Medium colony of Dragon Eye zoas

- Two medium colonies of no-name zoas

- Small colony of Purple Hornet zoas

- Frag of Red Hornet Zoas

- Frag of Armor of God zoas

- Misc. frags of other zoas

- Two huge Hairy mushrooms

- Rainbow Rhodactis mushrooms

- Misc. mushrooms

- Anthellia

8" Frogspawn

10rpp39.jpg

4" Hammer Coral

ou2ln8.jpg

Green Bay Packer zoas (left); Ring of Fire zoas (Middle)

1opysh.jpg

Purple Hornet zoas (left); Red Hornet zoas (right)... (I just got the Red Hornets so they'll color up soon!)

i1cf83.jpg

Rainbow Rhodactis mushrooms... (Much prettier in person!)

oqj4ia.jpg

Nemonia (male) and Laryngitis's (female) first spawning

141laf4.jpg

Nemonia (male) and Larangitis (female) tending their eggs just hours before hatching

2mpxzzk.jpg

Superb ... the spawn and the keeping the eggs safe ... Great shot too

Albert

Fish are gone, tank coming down tomorrow. :)

albertthiel

Wow no more tanks then or are you starting up another one ?

Albert

All of them .

Euphyllia

Wow no more tanks then or are you starting up another one ?

Albert

No more tanks other than guppy breeding tanks in the greenhouse .

Euphyllia

albertthiel

So be it then I guess ... good luck with any other endeavors you may have

Albert

No more tanks other than guppy breeding tanks in the greenhouse .

Euphyllia

Erm... Teh taynk ish gawn nahw

So be it then I guess ... good luck with any other endeavors you may have

Albert

Thxuuuuu <3

albertthiel

Does this tank still exist ... I was under the impression you took all your tanks down and to minimize on real estate in your post you may wish (just my opinion) to remove the graphic linked to the tanks you no longer have and upload the pics to the database on NR where I think you can store a lot of images. I stored one yesterday of a fish ... worked like a charm. just a thought ...

OAN : On the freshwater tanks ... post some more pics pls so we can see how those super guppies are doing.

And for Plants remember that CO2 needs to be higher in concentration (so lower pH), and also that most plants do better when you have a small amount of iron in the tank (at one time I used some product for the elderly, not sure of the name anymore, but it could be Gerovital or something along those lines, and that gave me good results, with luscious plant along the lines of the Plant Tanksthat you could see in the Dupla book by Kaspar Horst and Horst Kipper, called Das Perfekte Aquarium (which I translated into English in the early 80's) and should be available on Amazon in my opinion, in both English and German versions. Apparently they have used ones for $1.20 or so. Great book

optimumaq.png

I don't think Dupla is still in business in Germany but not 100 % sure, at least based on a conversation with Gunter Wentzek from Corapet in Germany a few days ago.

Of course right now there are plenty of plant supplements on the market (was looking through the current TFH magazine and saw quite a few advertised in there).

Seems like the FW hobby is still going real strong.

Plants are IME usually easy to keep, especially in the beginning, but to get them to grow and multiply you really need top quality chemistry in the tank or they will soon be overgrown by very small and short black algae, but then you may have know all of that so this may be redundant advice :) Good luck and keep us posted

Albert

Here's the link to my FW tank thread... http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...304901&st=0

I'll remove these from my signature once I get one made for my FW tank, so later today. :D

Thanks for the advice! I'll see if I can get the book. I don't want to go overboard with FW like I did with SW, I just want to throw some fish and plants in and watch them grow. :P

Archived