Innovative Marine Aquariums

Strange worm

AFRobert568

AFRobert568

The first time I saw one of these guys was after I built my new tank, and one was attached to the base of a coral’s stalk. Now they are beginning to appear on other rock. When they are out they whip around like a fish out of water. They are permanently attached to a rock.

The darker pictures are it out at night, or at least before my lights came on. The algae on the glass makes it hard to see the first night pic, but he is along the sand. The second pic it is up the center.

The picture is when the lights came on and it is retracted.

P1060262.jpg

P1060261.jpg

P1060281.jpg

AFRobert568

Ok, I think the spaghetti-ness is around the base and what I see is the feeding tenticle. Thanks for the help.

I don't think it is the dydroid that you poited out from that site for one the site has a crappy sketch of it and the sketch doesn't even show any feeding tenticles. I am gonna have to agree with spaghetti worm they are harmless I have them all over my tank they are great scavengers even though they dont move they pick up food and other stuff that may be floating around in your tank. You should look at that post again under SPIONID WORMS.

Archived