Equipment:

Evil's 12.1 Pico LED Lamp

Marineland Visi Therm Heater 24watt

Rio 400 Return Pump

JBJ ATO

JBJ LED Refugium Light

Current Livestock

Orange/Blue Ricordea Mushrooms

3 different Zoa Colonies ( not sure on ID's)

Purple Tip Hammer Coral

Neon Green Trumpet Coral

Clam - coming soon

CUC

2 Turbo Snails

1 Hermit Crab (blue leg)

Fish&Invert

Yashia Gobi & Red Banded Pistol Shrimp (paired)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Set up my Barracuda about a month ago, Cycle did not take too long because I was using LR and LS from a larger tank I had at home. It is a Sweet little tank just right for the office. I am running the Coralife 2X18 PC. I took one of the 50/50 bulbs out and replaced it with a Actinic.. Why? just makes the few corals I put in the tank pop.. and when anyone one passes my dest they ask what is that. Good Luck

Thanks everyone.

I will be taking some LR from my BC29 and probably be using new LS. Hopefully the cycle won't be too bad. Gunbeaux, do you have a ATO? Or are you manually Toping off? Thanks

4501742946_8eb1bcf03b_o.jpg

4501743122_cd737429ae_o.jpg

4501743308_22830f0a61_o.jpg

Coupe questions.

A. Can I cycle with out a light. (I am pretty sure I can, just checking)

B. Can I cycle with out a Heater. ( That one I am not sure about)

Thanks

4501742946_8eb1bcf03b_o.jpg

4501743122_cd737429ae_o.jpg

4501743308_22830f0a61_o.jpg

Coupe questions.

A. Can I cycle with out a light. (I am pretty sure I can, just checking)

B. Can I cycle with out a Heater. ( That one I am not sure about)

Thanks

Yes you dont really need a light. A heater might help the process slightly.

definitely don't need a light. i would use a heater though. i would think the bacteria you are looking for will only thrive in tropical water. i would think if the water was colder different bacteria would form and just die once you heated the water up. i don't know that for a fact but it seems logical to me.

Thanks everyone.

I will be taking some LR from my BC29 and probably be using new LS. Hopefully the cycle won't be too bad. Gunbeaux, do you have a ATO? Or are you manually Toping off? Thanks

I am manually topping off now but got the ATO setup from Pico Aquariums when I got the tank. Plan on setting it up as soon as i figure how. Never used one before I also got the lid it helps out alot.

My cycle did not take long I used LR from my 30L and some old LS that had dried out. took about 2 1/2 weeks I used my Coralife PC which gets Hot but did not use the heater. The tanks is set up in the office which stays at 72. I will have to take a pic and post it later today.

slightly irrelivant now but i read somewhere that a "coldwater" marine take litterally MONTHS to cycle depending on how cured the live rock is.

Loving the tank so clean looking. hope things go smoothly for you

It's heated. So shouldn't be an issue. But this is Live Rock from my BC29. My rock is about 3 years old, so should cycle quick, if not at all.

I used LR form my 30L and dry LS I had laying around. took about 10 days to cycle but waited 2 weeks before putting in a small clean up crew, 3 tiny blue legg hermits and a Snail. add a small piece of coral a week later it is a month now and everything is going fine.

Well, going to test the water today, it's been about 5 days. Here are some nice clear shots. Sorry iphone pics.

Once the cycle is finished, I will put some cheato in back. Might do a small bag of chemi pure elite, not sure yet.

4518027896_fb42cca125_o.jpg

4517395757_7fec8d7108_o.jpg

So what to stock this bad boy with.

Can I do a Sexy shrimp and maybe a Yellow gobby or something?

Evil where's my light!!!....j/k

Well, I got tired of waiting for Evil's Pico Light, so I ordered a Azoo LED. Hopefully my 12.1 comes in soon.

Set up the Petco ATO special. Working like a charm. Who would have thought.

I did my first WC and going to wait another week and test the water parameters again, and then hopefully set up my CUC if all is good.

I hit up John at Reef Cleaners and getting a package recomnedation put together. So till next week!

Also, do you think this Azoo LED light would be capable of growing Chaeto in the back

Any way here are some updated iphone pics

4541148355_38efc0340d_o.jpg

Mr. Microscope

The rock sure looks pretty in that pic. Nice job on the ATO. What are your stocking plans aside from the CUC? What kind of corals/fish/etc?

The rock sure looks pretty in that pic. Nice job on the ATO. What are your stocking plans aside from the CUC? What kind of corals/fish/etc?

Thanks for the help on the ATO.

I am probably going to do some sps,zoas,polys,rics,just a good mix. I will just take a lot out of my 29 from home. I have had my eye on a fire fish, love the colors. Maybe a sexy shrimp as well. Really been bouncing around what I want to do.

Where did you get that tank from? It looks like what im looking for

Pico Aquariums

Did a test today

PH - 8.0

Ammonia - 0

Nitrite - 0

Nitrate - 5

Should I wait some more for a CUC or go ahead and put some snails in?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived