ReefCleaners.org

Chemi Pure Questions

Collinw24

I Have been reading and it seems like a lot of people use Chemi Pure and just had a few questions.

What is it?

What does it do?

Is it like activated carbon?

What is it?

What is it??

WHAT IS IT???

It's only the best thing to happen to reefing since water became wet!

Psssshhh... what is it?

What is it?

What is it??

WHAT IS IT???

It's only the best thing to happen to reefing since water became wet!

Psssshhh... what is it?

So I take it I should use some?

I was using it but switched to matrix carbon b/c it required a lot less. Ever since switching to matrix carbon my nitrates have dropped to 0 now too. I doubt this has to do with the chemipure elite changeover, but just thought i'd say that.

My tanks is a 40B SPS dominant reef with a few LPS and zoas tossed in, I run GFO in one Phosban 150 and carbon in another. My choice in carbon is the BRS ROX carbon changed out every two weeks, however recently I tried some ChemiPure and in about three days my water was much clearer than with the BRS carbon. Now, my thoughts are this could be totally unrelated but so far I am willing to toss ChemiPure a nod as working pretty darn good. Contrary to what the label says it will not cure cancer or not need to be changed each presidential election cycle. I'll continue my weekly water changes and change out the Chemipure on a monthly basis.

photo-113.jpg

I just ordered 11 ounces of it. Is there any thing I should know before I get it?

Not really, I cut open the mesh bag that it comes in and I dump it in a Phosban reactor. The flow rate is very slow and I discard the first gallon or so as it will be black stained with the carbon's dust. When I say low flow, look in the Phosban- the media should be very gently tumbling at a rate of maybe 20 or 30 gph. Any faster and the contact time is too short to do any good and you run the risk of flushing the DI resin out, basically set it like you would GFO. I'm sure there are other ways to run this stuff, but this is what I do-

cheers

I just ordered 11 ounces of it. Is there any thing I should know before I get it?

don't be worried if it comes wet

don't be worry that when you rinse the black never goes away

rinse for 30-60 seconds max

Archived