inTank Media Baskets

artificial anemone for clown fish?

jhay

I've read that clown fish would host anything including fake anemones, please share your experience with this and what kind of artificial anemone did you use and where to buy it. Im considering a clownfish when my nano is ready. Thanks.

I've read that clown fish would host anything including fake anemones, please share your experience with this and what kind of artificial anemone did you use and where to buy it. Im considering a clownfish when my nano is ready. Thanks.

Clownfish will pretty much host anything, they are nuts.

The will host many types of corals though from xenia to frogspawn/hammer/torch.

They will even host your magfloat!

What type of lighting is on this tank btw?

I have never used an artificial anemone but mine hosted my Vortech before I got my bubble tipped anemone.

It isn't vital that you get an anemone if you have a clownfish. They get along perfectly fine without one. And fake stuff in a reef tank is tacky. Either get the real deal or don't get one at all, imho.

Host –noun

1.a person who receives or entertains guests at home or elsewhere: the host at a theater party.

2.a person, place, company, or the like, that provides services, resources, etc., as for a convention or sporting event.

Nems host clowns, not the other way around. But ya, they will hang out around anything really.

Host –noun

1.a person who receives or entertains guests at home or elsewhere: the host at a theater party.

2.a person, place, company, or the like, that provides services, resources, etc., as for a convention or sporting event.

Nems host clowns, not the other way around. But ya, they will hang out around anything really.

I usually use reside, but it seems to confuse people so i stick with "host" most of the time.

lakshwadeep

Just remember that you can't predict what a clown chooses as its host. A fake anemone would likely require regular cleanings so algae doesn't cover it. While actual anemones can be problematic, you could try some corals like a torch, hammer, or frogspawn.

My clown decided he liked a mushroom. I'm not sure the mushroom likes it, but he seems to not not mind.

Yeah, Mine loves my big purple mushroom coral....wierd

Archived