Cultivated Reef

Fragging Hammerhead...

Spicer

I would love to chop this in half and put half in each of my 2 tanks.

Do I just chop the rock its on in half with a screwdriver/hammer?

Im scared to hurt it lol.

I would love to chop this in half and put half in each of my 2 tanks.

Do I just chop the rock its on in half with a screwdriver/hammer?

Im scared to hurt it lol.

Is this a channel hammer or branching ? If its branching just break off the desired number of heads, if its a channel then you can break off a piece with a sharp chisel and hope for the best.

Is this a channel hammer or branching ? If its branching just break off the desired number of heads, if its a channel then you can break off a piece with a sharp chisel and hope for the best.

Channel, thats exactly what I didnt want to hear, hope for the best. :(

You're taking a huge risk splitting a wall hammer, especially if you're putting the halves in nano tanks. Chances are really good that it won't make it, and if it's big enough it can crash your tanks...

I would love to chop this in half and put half ... Im scared to hurt it lol.

Just be gentle, and follow my instructions:

hammerheadfrag.jpg

Just be gentle, and follow my instructions:

I had one of those freaking things charge me like two summers ago diving 30 miles offshore in san diego, when I read the title of this thread I remembered pointing my speargun at it's head and thinking "I so don't wanna frag this guy". I ended up bonking him on the nose with it which seemed to work better :happy:

I had one of those freaking things charge me like two summers ago diving 30 miles offshore in san diego, when I read the title of this thread I remembered pointing my speargun at it's head and thinking "I so don't wanna frag this guy". I ended up bonking him on the nose with it which seemed to work better :happy:

:scarry:

:lol:

+1 to the above, I'd not risk fragging a wall hammer.

That being said, I'm close to fragging a red goniopora that has been growing well (it's wiping out it's neighbors!). If I were to frag this red goni, or a wall hammer, I would ONLY use one of those diamond blade band saws. There is an LFS near me that has one that will frag the goni for me, makes a VERY clean, nice cut and doesn't produce the heat of a dremel.

Archived