Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Biocube questions...

wapsirat

I bought a used 29g Biocube. I've got it setup with live rock and sand. There's 2 problems though. 1st off the pump sucks the "well" down faster than it can refill. I made sure the intake grates are clear, installed a new cartridge, cleaned the sponge, cleaned the bioballs, made sure all passages were clear, and trimmed the overflow to the bioballs so it goes all the way across. For a quick fix I put a clamp on the tube from the pump to the nozzle to slow flow but what's the real fix? 2nd problem, 1 of the fans doesn't work so I swapped them around to make sure it is the fan that's bad and sure enough, it's not the fan, now what? New circuit board? Help!

I have a 14g biocube and had the same problem (added maxijet 900 for even flow), I found if the water level isn't high enough in the display the pump will push air instead of water (not good). The only way I have found to fix it is to be sure the level is up to snuff and top off (fresh water) daily to maintain a constant water level. Hope this helps.

Yeah I'm keeping the water level all the way up. The clamp is working but it just seems like a "rig-job". Thanks for the help though!

Yeah I'm keeping the water level all the way up. The clamp is working but it just seems like a "rig-job". Thanks for the help though!

Do you know what pump is in there? I have a Pico Evolution 1200 that does 300gph in a BC14 and I don't have any problems... Try this as a test, remove the filter, sponge, and bioballs. See if the water flow can keep up with the pump. If it works fine, then it's one of those things restricting the water flow...

%0

The pump is the stock one. I did remove everthing and of course the water flow kept up with the pump. There aren't any restictions other than what would be normal for the sponge, balls, and cartridge. The clamp I put on the return hose is working to restrict the flow, but that just seems like a bandaid instead of a cure.

Remove bioballs and add more saltwater to the systems seems. You dont have enough water to keep a fast enough flow from chamber 1 to chamber 2. Also if doin reef tank remove bioballs they will cause issues down the road.

Great site you linked me to MarkieMark! A couple of questions for you though, If I chuck the bio-balls, how do I get the bio-filtration they provided? And, if I chuck the cartridge and go with the floss how do I get the carbon filtration?

Biological filtration comes from live rock.

You can always throw a bag of carbon in there as well. Just avoid things that can trap filth.

Yes live rock live sand snails crabs are your bio filtration just like ocean i personal goin start using chemi pure elite. Also rember water changes water changes. Fans are a easy fix

Archived