Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

biocube lights

noobwithatank

noobwithatank

bought another bc29.. gave other one to a family member.. now the one i have neither lights curent work.. but the fans that are on the one work, i can swap the ballasts over n the fans work on both.. is this a case of the bulbs.. or the ballasts?

cheryl jordan
bought another bc29.. gave other one to a family member.. now the one i have neither lights curent work.. but the fans that are on the one work, i can swap the ballasts over n the fans work on both.. is this a case of the bulbs.. or the ballasts?

I know I am badly dyslexic, but I did not understand this at all, except that you have two biocubes..Sorry :mellow:

noobwithatank

ok.. so.. lets try this again..

does the bc29 fan.. still work when the ballasts are. both of my lights dont work, unknown if bulb or its the balasts.. but i can swap the balasts from one light to the other and the fan works with both of them.

noobwithatank

ive tried that... i dont know if i have 2 bad bulbs.. or 2 bad ballasts.. i just need to find out.. when the ballasts go.. do the stock fans still come on.?

This is confusing... When cheryl asked if you switched the bulbs i think she meant did you switch the WORKING bulbs from the other biocube (that you gave to a family member) into yours to see if it works?

Did YOUR ballast work the lights on the other biocube (that you gave to a family member)?

cheryl jordan

Jees 7 post to get to this point. I do not know how the BC fans are wired, on Nano cubes the fans run only when the lights are on. If they get too hot and the lights automatically switch off so do the fans. Now I understand. I am sure one of these guys/girls that has a BC will be able to tell you. :)

Ellipses much?

...nah.... not that much....

Call Oceanic and ask them, i did some googling and i couldnt find anything about it.

Not sure how the fans are wired in and if they would or wouldnt run in your situation.

Good time to upgrade to T5 or MH if you ask me though.

The fans are on their own separate power supply that runs through the ballast cables. They will work if a ballast or a lamp is blown. Did you unplug the ballasts before switching them? Unplug the ballast to deenergize them. Then try the lamp. Then unplug the other ballast and switch it to the tested lamp and try again. If you have two lamps or two ballasts dead it will be impossible to tell which one is out. If you have another biocube you can take a ballast off of it that works (even if they are different sizes) and try it on your biocube to tell if it is a ballast or lamp issue. If the lamps are older than 10 months old they should be replaced anyways.

Andy

noobwithatank

so the plan is to buy the smallest straight pin lamp i can tonight an try it.. if it works fine.. if not.. im be looking into the 18inch t5 retro on nanotuners.

Archived