Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Koralia 425/240

micrors4racer

they can be used on wavetimers, i dont know if i would want it to however. seems most people say they clunck on startup. i havent got to play with the new evo's so i have no experence with them. i would like to try the sicce pumps.

AZDesertRat

I have both the Sicce Voyagers and Evolutions. The Evolutions have it hands down. The Voyager 3 moves 1050 GPH and draws 15 watts. The Evo 4 moves 1400 GPH and draws 6 watts. The Voyager 3 is about the same size as an old K4, the Evo 1400 is much smaller.

Both are totally silent, neither makes a sound when switching on a RKL at 1 minute intervals. I plan to replace my K1 in my nano with a new Evo nano 425 soon, much smaller and more efficient.

I did reviews with pictures on both the Voyager and Evo in the new product review section here on N-R.

The nano 240 and 425 are save for wave-timers.

I run two 425s on a JBJ timer with 10 second intervals and you can't hear them turn on and off over the filter. I have another two running on a Red Sea wavemaker as well without any issues.

Crackerballer

I ran a K1 on a 15 minute alternating time schedule in my biocube for about 6 months, ran like a beast and still does. I have heard these new K Nanos are better and also heard they clunk a little on startup, but not as much as the old ones.

Archived