Coral Vue Hydros

Aiptasia in a tough spot

FriendlyStranger

FriendlyStranger

Hello all, I just bought some new zoas and after taking care of two Nudis I noticed crawling around on the live rock (one was a cool looking yellow one that I wish I didn't have to kill) I put the zoas in my main tank and discovered two aiptasia anemones.

One is in a spot no where near any of the zoas which I can easily plug the hole it's in with superglue or epoxy. The other one though is in a bad spot. It's really close to a zoa polyp but it's not touching it, just the mat and it's hanging upside down underneath a ledge.

I'm worried that injecting it with boiling water might harm the zoa. I've read that joe's juice or any of that stuff might harm the zoas if they ingest any of it and since it's so close to the zoa I'm scared of that happening.

What do you think i should do to get rid of this anemone?

FriendlyStranger
could you take the rock out and very carefully superglue the aiptasia?

I think that is going to be my only choice. There's an opening at the back of the cave it's in so I have to pray that I cover the whole thing in glue (can't see the base only the head) so it doesn't try to sneak out the back :ninja:

I think that is going to be my only choice. There's an opening at the back of the cave it's in so I have to pray that I cover the whole thing in glue (can't see the base only the head) so it doesn't try to sneak out the back :ninja:

Get a pep shrimp.

• 2 weeks later...

+1 on the pep. Just get the right one. Some are sold as peps that are not, and won't help the problem. I had 6 or 7 aiptasias, and the shrimp took a few days to wipe them all out. Just make sure the shrimp doesn't get anything else to eat until he does his job ;)

Archived