SaltCritters.com

NOVA EXTREME ADVICE

fishbutt

HELLO

I am likely going to buy a Nova Extreme 18" light strip for my 10 gallon reef (no corals added yet).

Is this enough to keep an anemone happy?? [36 Watts - (1x18 Watt 10K Daylight + 1x18 Watt 460nm Actinic)]

What else can I successfully keep in my reef with this lighting?? What can I not keep? Thanks!

I don't know enough about anemones to comment on this one. I did just buy the 20" Nova Extreme Pro and I'm very happy with it. I was running power compacts before so it's made a big difference in my tank.

coachfraley
HELLO

I am likely going to buy a Nova Extreme 18" light strip for my 10 gallon reef (no corals added yet).

Is this enough to keep an anemone happy?? [36 Watts - (1x18 Watt 10K Daylight + 1x18 Watt 460nm Actinic)]

What else can I successfully keep in my reef with this lighting?? What can I not keep? Thanks!

I've kept zoas, shrooms, softies, and a hammer (at the top of the pile) with that exact setup. I would say that it is not enough for anemone, but maybe someone else has tried it. Good luck!

I don't think a 10 gallon is big enough to support a anemone. The lights have individual parabolic reflectors? or is that the slr version?

Unless there are mini anemones most that I know of the lights are not strong enough and/or the anemone will get too big for the system.

not only is keeping the water stable in a 10g going to be a nightmare for a nem, but I'm not aware of any that anyone wants to keep that won't outgrow a 10g in a few months (not saying they don't exist, just that I don't know about them). As far as light, for 12" depth and 12" height, I'd go with a 4 tube fixture. Anyway, not sure it's an issue, since most people will tell you not to put a nem in that size tank.

Archived