Cultivated Reef

DulcyDoll's Bedroom Pico

DulcyDoll

Sweet! Are you leaving the stock light and filter on it? An LED would look awesome on that tank! :P

I just ordered an AC 70 for it, it will have stock lighting until it is time to change the bulb, or until I save up enough for Evils Par38, whichever comes first. I think the Par38 will look great on it!

If only the duck would stay that small...

Yeah, they are great when they are little, I'm not worried about his size as my geese are large to say the least lol, but I'm not a huge fan of ducks. He will be given away when he is grown, just trying to make my Darcie happy. lol Here is Darcie and Dewie..she is huge..and the gander is even bigger

easter2010042.jpg

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ThrivingNanoTang

Oh look, you made a thread! Nice duck, i just got a pet chicken the other day :D Is it going to float in your pico? :P

Oh look, you made a thread! Nice duck, i just got a pet chicken the other day :D Is it going to float in your pico? :P

:D I had a flock of 9 chickens, but when the geese hatched I knew I was hooked and I sold the chickens (a nice little girl with an egg selling business bought them)

Going to go grab a can of paint and a bag of sand this evening. Tank sat with water overnight and had no leaks, so I'm good to move on.

Water is mixing, tank is taped and ready for paint, and I'm cooking dinner!

I didn't get the sand today, I figure I didn't need it until the paint dries, if I have it here I won't be able to wait.

Will paint after dinner, how many coats should I do? Just one?

I coated my tank in 3 coats. 2 was probably sufficient, but I painted mine in a maroon color, might have missed what color you are going with, but IMO 2 coats to be safe.

I coated my tank in 3 coats. 2 was probably sufficient, but I painted mine in a maroon color, might have missed what color you are going with, but IMO 2 coats to be safe.

Ya when I was painting my old one it took 2 or 3 coats. If you were super skillful with spray paint you could probably do it in one, but I had bare spots after the first application.

Can I see your gliders? I have one too

Sure can, I have 4 boys, Scooter, Halo, Slevin and Black Bart. Scooter was my first, he is my baby, he will be 5 on June 27th. Halo will be 4 on the 22nd of this month, Slevin will be 4 on October 19th, and my little Black Bart, my hand raised baby, will be 2 on November 19th. Here is a picture of each..

Scooter

Scooter012.jpg

Halo

BLAH031.jpg

Slevin

2slev.jpg

Black Bart at 5 weeks

bart.jpg

I'll put up tank pictures tomorrow, don't feel like uploading them right now. Background is black, I did 3 coats as I am not very skilled with spray paint at all lol.

Update...with pictures :happy:

PICO001.jpg

PICO011.jpg

PICO018.jpg

PICO020.jpg

I have the stock filter running to help clear the water, there is a 1.5lb piece of rock in it and about 4lbs of sand.

Oh, my sand came with a "bio-magnet bacteria re-locater packet"..to use or not to use? I'm thinking not, it is supposed to re-locate bacteria that is free floating back to the sand, but since bagged live sand isn't really live, I don't think it will do much good at all. Let me know what ya think.

I'll update when the water clears.

Looking good! I don't like to use those little magic bacteria things or water magnet clearer. I prefer to wash the sand first to remove all that sediment. After all, it doesn't really come with live bacteria.

You suggies are so sweet. Heres a couple of pics of my girl (Hinata)

Here she's 2 month after came out of the pouch

n507701029_1000095_6612.jpg

n507701029_1000682_4650.jpg

n507701029_1161155_9039.jpg

And gliding training 101

n507701029_1414296_1139.jpg

Archived