Nanoty's clownfish pron thread

nanoty

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:huh:

:o

:P

Yeah that too, don't really have to drive to do that.

Finally got the shelves home and assembled in my fish/laundry room. When you see the pics don't laugh at my awesome wood paneling. We are looking at building a house in the next year or so and its our temporary digs.

The rack is not in its final configuration either. I need to figure out how to best set it up before final construction. I will have some pics up when the kid gets out of the bath and I wrestle the computer from my wife. She is looking at house plans <_<

There's not a lot of room to get a front shot. The room is narrow but very long and my deep freeze is on one side. There is a plug behind the rack and I am going to install a GFCI plug before wiring everything up. It is directly across from my RODI unit and WC barrels. Going to worry about the rest of the setup when it comes, right now I am just focusing on the broodstock setup. (remember my awesome wood paneling)

IMG_1588.jpg

Just so you know how much crap is piled on the other side. Will use some of the room and get it a bit more organized as I go. Going to need a few extra 10-15g tanks on their own system as quarantine tanks for new fish.

IMG_1589.jpg

OMG - look at the wood paneling! Hello... the 70's called...

(sorry had too)

Stand looks like it's a perfect fit... nice!!!!

Progress! B)

(sorry had too)

:lol:

(sorry had too)

Actually the 50's lol. My grandfather built the house after the old one was destroyed by a tornado when my mom was a baby. We've been renting it from my aunt since we moved down here saving pennies to build a house. Was going to buy and flip this one but its so damn old and needs a lot more updating than I want to do.

Upside, it has a huge laundry room for my fish crap.

Also, making wife look at house plans that I can work a fishroom into. Need a dedicated room for all this crap and might as well do it when we build right?

Progress! B)

YAYZ

LOL I just got my laptop back from my wife. She was looking at new houses. I hate moving. She has just informed me that my 12 gallon needs to go to her folks house when our house is put on the market. I told her I'll just flush everything. Cause that death would be alot more humane for my critters than letting her folks kill them. Her dads first response to my salty tank. Do you use table or kosher salt? omgomgomg It aint moving!

LOL I just got my laptop back from my wife. She was looking at new houses. I hate moving. She has just informed me that my 12 gallon needs to go to her folks house when our house is put on the market. I told her I'll just flush everything. Cause that death would be alot more humane for my critters than letting her folks kill them. Her dads first response to my salty tank. Do you use table or kosher salt? omgomgomg It aint moving!

I hate moving too, this will be the last time unless something super serious happens. I have no plans on living anywhere else after this. Hence the reason for wanting to build the house like I want it so it wil lbe the last.

Needs:

Media room for gaming

Fish room in house

Shop in back with automotive lift for building rock buggies

Fridge

Toilet

Everything else is just foofoo crap.

Needs:

Media room for gaming

Fish room in house

Shop in back with automotive lift for building rock buggies

Fridge

Toilet

Everything else is just foofoo crap.

This man has his priorities! I'm sure the Mrs' list is a little different.

Short vid of my ORA B&W misbars. They are finally showing a little interest in the pot. I think I need to go ahead and get them into a dedicated breeding setup and condition them. I'm fairly sure they are about ready.

I was really taking the vid to show how retarted crazy my tang is and how bangin my new magnetic veggie clip is but they were kind of protecting their pot sooooo.

th_2011-02-07_15-20-23_263.jpg

I am sure Pickle. Our tick list is huge. Well hers is. I need a flat drive way, basement, and a 3+ car garage, Or a large shop. The rest of the stuff she can have. I have way to much equipment. My wife wants a nice subdivision. But they dont allow shops. hell I'd build one to match the house but NOOOO! lol WTH its just life right.

Got a line on 2 new 40 breeders and a skimmer that I should have this week. Slowly adding parts I need, next on the list is a return pump.

toss a can of paint on that paneling, its brining back bad childhood memories for me!! ahh

i like your rack that you have ( not being dirrty either!) is shelves particle board? if so i would change it to plywood before adding water. particle board and water dont mix well. hehe

nice video btw.

toss a can of paint on that paneling, its brining back bad childhood memories for me!! ahh

i like your rack that you have ( not being dirrty either!) is shelves particle board? if so i would change it to plywood before adding water. particle board and water dont mix well. hehe

nice video btw.

Good call, I actually was just telling the wife Im going over the particle board with plywood. It doesn't fit worth a shizzle anyways so it would be a good safety measure.

I got a deeper (18") shelf to give myself a little working room in front of the tanks. I am going to lower all the shelves and make sure I have enough height to get into the tanks and have a shelf at the very bottom for the sump.

my tank is all black. sides, bottom and dividers. i would lie to see if you have some success with no blackened dividers between pairs and see how they do.

I am the one that said you can have clear dividers without any problems. I have tanks with them and fish spawning every twelve days next to each other. I also know someone with fifty pairs all with clear dividers. What would it take for you guys to believe me?

I am the one that said you can have clear dividers without any problems. I have tanks with them and fish spawning every twelve days next to each other. I also know someone with fifty pairs all with clear dividers. What would it take for you guys to believe me?

I don't not believe you, although I have no idea who you are, lol. I am going to give it a go based on your observation and we will see how it goes for me.

i believe you crooks. never said i didnt. everything is possibleand i seen crazier things.

once of the first breeder of Latz on RC had them in a 150g rubbermaid tub with 5 mag nems and 4 other different kinds of clowns. this went against everything people knew about breeding, but it worked until a power failure and wiped the tank out.

Ok lets make a plan.

I'm going to be using two 33g long tank divided into 3 sections each. Obviously these are the ones shown in the pictures which have both an overflow and return in every chamber.

A 40 breeder will handle sump duties and the layout of the sump has yet to be determined.

Lighting of the tanks is also undecided but will probably be handled by a single T5 bulb over each tank.

Skimming will be via a Reef Octopus reciculating skimmer.

Return pump is undetermined but open to suggestions. Needs to be large enough to handle water movement in both tanks, the higher one being a good 5 feet above the sump. I am thinking about a larger Mag pump but may consider a Gen X as well.

One thing I do need advice on is a heater. I've been using Visitherm Stealth heaters for years without incident but I'm not willing to chance these fish with anything less than the best. That being said, I have no idea what the best heater on the market is so I need some help there.

Controlling will likely be an ACJr as I don't trust any heater with its own thermostat and I will need something to simplify the controlling of the system.

6 chambers total will give me room for the clowns I have and allow me to aquire new pairs as they pop up as well as maybe pair a few myself and condition them into breeding pairs.

Lets hear all your thoughts and suggestions. I am sure I am missing some stuff but it's just a rough draft of the build.

sounds like a good start. i would do an ext pump. i got a mag18 on mine and its still not enough flow for my system. not sure what i need to do to make it more, but i would like alot more flow in my system so the skimmer see more to work more removing the food. you should be feeding like 3x to 4x a day. alot of food.

the 40b sounds good for a sump. make sure it can hold the water when the power goes out. my sump now currently cant hold the water so im installing a check valve.

are you gonna give each pair a nem? i would put a dual T5 over each if you want a nem, you could even do a dusk dawn if you have an actinic and a daylight bulb. moonights help. im getting the moonlight add on for my RKE. i heard it helps to have a moon cycle, but im not sure. doesnt hurt to try.

if your happy with your heater then stick with them. i got a bunch i use from theo, to marineland and i pick the ones one sale if i need one. hehe

you have a good idea on a setup. this is what i am doing so take it all with a grain of salt. what works for me might not for you. good luck.

Yes I will have to think about the pump selection and am looking around for used ones that may fit the bill.

Going to have to have my wife help out with the conditioning feeding since I work quite a bit but she is onboard and willing to help.

Making sure the sump holds the water is definately a concern, lol. I've had them overflow before, not cool.

As for the nems, no I do not plan on having anemones for each pair. It may be something I experiment with later on but I don't think it is needed and probably more trouble than it's worth to me right now. I may be wrong.

i'll let you know how much trouble they are worth. hehe

i got a bubble for each of my pairs. whats cool is they only go in them at night. well, only the females do.

you gonna use pots or tiles?

your setup sounds like a plan, but if i were you i would go a little bigger, i have 40 breeders divided into 3 sections and they are barely enough room imo, but yeah the 40 breeder for a sump is a great idea,thats what i run filled up 11 inches high for my skimmer and enough when i get power outs, as for heaters i now use 2 250 watt marineland pros incase more blizzards come along, learned my lesson last week when we got blasted with snow!! tank couldn't hold up with one heater! controller is also a great idea as i need to order me one here soon, cause you never know when those heaters go out, sucks trust me i lost a awsome onyx pair due to this!! other than that you sound like you got a great idea on how you want your setup,as you go along youll adjust your setup, make sure you get a great skimmer and a turbo twist uv sterlizer..... as for anemones, i would skip on those cause it's another problem you have to deal with and with all the feeding trust me your water quality will fluctuate, no matter what and anemones hate that, did it done it so im just saying from my experience, pots and or tiles will work alot faster!!! goodluck and pm me if you ever have any questions or need advice, i know abit!!! :D

oh forgot to add, look into the quietone pumps, they are awsome, cool running and not high priced!!! i use 1pump split up into 3 sections per 40 breeder(quietone 4000) and they have the perfect flow!!!

Archived