Pod Your Reef

Custom Frag Stands!

treylane

I think he means like this, mang

untitled-1.jpg

I'd be interested in something like this, but 3 levels.. and clear.

I could get exact dimensions sometime later this week.

Yeah I can do those but they're a beeyotch, I'd have to figure out pricing based on the dims you want so PM me if you really wanna do it. IMO several smaller racks of different heights is easier to work with - you can pull out one rack at a time for cleaning or access to the bottom of the tank. They're lighter and more durable than a giant one-rack-to-rule-them-all setup.

hahaximmaxfish

I made a rocket with similar patterns on it. I used a fabracation lab. Are you using something similar?

Could you make overflows to turn a 20 long into an aio tank? I tried making myself one with a dremel and it isn't pretty. I would be looking for two corner overflows, each with teeth on the top and a hole somewhere in the middle for a pump head to stick out of. One side would be for chemical filtration while the other side would be for growing chaeto.

sure, draw me a rough sketch of what you want.

Photoon2010-04-07at0940.jpg

Here is a very rough sketch. Let me know if you don't understand everything. I didn't draw it to scale. I will only need the front and inside piece for each box as they will be placed on either side of the tank.

Thanks

Yup, no problemo at all if you're ok with the corners being bends instead of glue-joints. PM me and we'll work something out. :)

Ha, yeah I've met the author of the article, been to his store, and bought frags from him on the acrylic rods. Tis a great way to quickly and easily make frag racks, since you only need some clippers and a drill to make them. I don't like the plugs though, no growout/encrust space for the frags, so it'll take longer for the corals to start looking like nice bushy colonies once you've got em home.

Andddd last call for orders this week - cutting tomorrow, so if you want something, I can have it in the mail for you on Monday. Drop me a PM.

Archived