Coral Vue Hydros

40B Black sand Acan and torch heavy reef.

boosted chemist

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
boosted chemist
tell me about it, debating on getting another clown or trading in my black clown for a pair of some sorts

sold three acans (not the cool ones) picked up a yellow ric, and a nice piece of ORA plum crazy, man that stuff looks cool. Also on my one rainbow acan, i discovered a morph. The rainbows are red with color (green blue yellow) this is green with puprle, yellow it seems (still a baby) Cant wait to grow it out. The mother coloy is fruity pebbles, im going to dub this evil fruity pebbles

boosted chemist
Dude ... those acans are sweet

that branch is coming along nicely

what are you gonna do about your fish situation?

I have NO idea what to do, trade in my bw clown for a pair, get a different fish, idk. So the manderin eats mysis but half the time chews it and spits it out, wierd. I really wanna get a piece of garf bonsi to finsh the rock with a nice sps collection. I got some plum crazy on there now, i need a camera to get some decent shots.

soon... soon....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
boosted chemist
your gonna love the mp 10

I hope so, so im my stupidity i tried CaOH drip, that ####ed my tank. Some acans are still burned but pulling through, also i picked up a florida fighting conch, think does an AMAZING job of cleaning up the sand. ALso my redplanet isnt doing so great. kinda burned and green looking, so we will see.

Been lowering my dka to 9ish from 10 and hopefully this will help with the problems, also just started vodka dosing so...

boosted chemist

got a mp10es for xmas, opened the box and it was an es/w WOOT

I love this thing, its seriously amazing.

Also pickedup a misbarred orange clown for cheap, seems to be doing well.

boosted chemist

I LOVE THE MP10, hydors are junk, period

IMG_20101225_174514-1.jpg

Some my acans lost color and arent bouncing back, my redplanet i think is on the way out,

I think im going to chill on coral for a bit, till i see everything rebounding, wanna get a ricordia pack from coral morphological

I LOVE THE MP10, hydors are junk, period

IMG_20101225_174514-1.jpg

Some my acans lost color and arent bouncing back, my redplanet i think is on the way out,

I think im going to chill on coral for a bit, till i see everything rebounding, wanna get a ricordia pack from coral morphological

Enjoy the mp10! It is awesome isn't it?

gulfsurfer101

Hope your tank does better for you, you may want to try small daily water changes till you see imprevements then go back to weekly if you like.

boosted chemist
Hope your tank does better for you, you may want to try small daily water changes till you see imprevements then go back to weekly if you like.

not a bad idea, i should try that and see. Red planet is really getting its ass still kicked, broke a small piece taht was alive off try to save that one.

• 2 weeks later...
boosted chemist

no one like my new acan lol, i pulled the figi purple bulb and added another actinic plus, much ahppier with the results, everything glows alot more, i need to get some new pics soon, im moving some frags around stay tuned.

Nice colony, its hard to not buy them for me too but I dont have any room for them now. I didnt like my purple tone bulb in my light either, actinics give such a better glow.

boosted chemist

thanks guys, yes acans are adictive, im prob going ot frag that big one so stay tuned.

Im going to try to get some new photos tonight, no promises, also been thinking of pulling some sand out since think my bed is too deep.

Archived