Cultivated Reef

40B Black sand Acan and torch heavy reef.

boosted chemist

boosted chemist
Awesome! Will you be getting an overflow?

Scratch that... I see you already have one.

:)

ya man, glass holes, its a nice piece. Im starting to NOT want a 29gal, the problem wiht all these big tanks is they loose the small appeal and its nice to be able to reach in your tank and mess around with it.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tundrashaul

Thats one of the best things about a shallow tank like the 20 long, just like you said, can reacg in and mess around without getting armpit deep!

boosted chemist
Thats one of the best things about a shallow tank like the 20 long, just like you said, can reacg in and mess around without getting armpit deep!

Did a little cleaning and picked up a new fish.... a frozen trained manderin goby WOOT

Now im debating on my bioload, i have a chalk bass, b&w clown and a algae blenny. Im thinking of giving the blenny to my friend with a 29 with only a wrasse.

What u guys think?

Bio-load sounds fine. I had trouble with the blenny... First he ate ALL the extra algae, so i started to give him seaweed. Then he would not eat the algae in the tank and would only come get the seaweed.

He died a while back - actually not sure why. He was a fat little guy and was always out.

boosted chemist
Bio-load sounds fine. I had trouble with the blenny... First he ate ALL the extra algae, so i started to give him seaweed. Then he would not eat the algae in the tank and would only come get the seaweed.

He died a while back - actually not sure why. He was a fat little guy and was always out.

883fad87.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
boosted chemist
How's the mandarin doing?

He is doing good, I feed him mysis every other day, i hope my parameters do get wacked. I wish he was a tad more aggressive, i may have to get rid of hte blenny to offset the added feedings. I'm about to go to a frag swap tom and see what i can pick up. tank is doing really good since ive added two turbo snails. hands down these guys beat out all other CUC in brute force. I PROMISE new photos soon.

boosted chemist

so at the frag swap i picked up an aquac remora skimmer for 10 bucks with out pump, also found a maxijet 1200 for 15, so for 25 buck i now have a skimmer. Got some frags and gotta rescape, but other than that life is good.

One thing to check about your camera, boosted ... Look to see if it has a setting called macro. It's great for the close up shots. It'll focus better for you.

boosted chemist
One thing to check about your camera, boosted ... Look to see if it has a setting called macro. It's great for the close up shots. It'll focus better for you.

I have it on, my camera is a 2004 sony 4.1 mp lol, So im building a branch to go on the lhs of the tank, going to minimize the rock, i have some extra rock, i wonder if i can sell it. Also i want to get rid of some frags, (not acans ) debating on setting up a fs thread or not.

Skimmer is kicking ass, my water is clearer and not to mention the skim mate is looking like tea.

boosted chemist
What are the plans for the branch? Looks like a lot of potential.

i think some zoa on the base and maybe some sps on the branches, but all in good time.

Got a new acan, its got some yellow red in it at night and green grey during hte day.

I need ot get a better camera, i think my sony 4.1 just sucks

DSC00065.jpg

DSC00063.jpg

DSC00057.jpg

DSC00064.jpg

DSC00055.jpg

DSC00058.jpg

DSC00059.jpg

DSC00067.jpg

boosted chemist

NEW fts, help of photoshop, i need a new camera, any suggestions?

Also my bulbs Front to back

Giessman pure actinic

KZ figi purple

Current blue (crap)

Torra 10k midday

So im thinking of switching up the current to a blue (giessman or ATI)

and maybe get a blue plus for the torra.

DSC00077.jpg

boosted chemist

today i picked up the giessman actinic plus and super blue, looks much better, esp at dawn dusk with the pure actinic and actinic +

boosted chemist

Tire of all this crap in my tank, building a sump right now, 15 gal with mag 5 pump. Just ordered the baffles for glass.

Archived