Pod Your Reef

Coral? At Reefcleaners?!?

johnmaloney

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been scouring the internet for these micro porcelain crabs but can't find any pics or info on them... Any way you could help me out? :wub:

johnmaloney

I meant to get those up last night too....camera at home just dropped it off after the PBMAS frag swap./

but you can google Petrolisthes armatus

johnmaloney

No problem.:) I will have pics up for everything tonight, or 90% sale the rest of this week, I swear.

pics, up here he is:

Micro_Porcelain__4bb15540d3fbb.jpg

that is max size.

johnmaloney

will work out some of deal then on your micro crab colony. :) They are abundant..but they are so damn tricky! Then when you do get them, they cling to your hand and won't go in the bucket..:) In the bucket they cling to each other and make a big micro ball....they since spread out on the tanks though.

animalmaster6

lol Sounds like a pain!

The 600 micro Porcelains is a dramatization.

About how many micro porcelains can I have with 2 regular sized porcelains, lots of acro crabs, anemone shrimps, cleaner shrimps, sexy shrimps, and TONS more inverts?

johnmaloney

I kind of figured as much. :) Group of 2 if that is the 12, if it is the 125 -10? If your goal is to have lots of inverts though, maybe you want to mix it up more..etc...They hide out under rocks quite a bit.

johnmaloney

as long as nothing will hurt them, they are fine in pretty decent numbers. Hard to explain, but they are really short. About as tall as 10 sheets of printer paper.

they do group. even now I think I have like 20 of them in a 30 long and they are all in one corner. They stay in smaller cliques though, like 2-5 and then another group of 2-5....it could also be the size of the shells I have in there for them to crawl on that limit the group.

maybe it got spam blocked. That has happened to me recently. Yep I can get the vines, just buy a mangrove pack and put in "sub mangroves". I haven't taken any trips to the marsh though, and I don't really have any free time to take a trip, not this week at least.

Grrr, I forgot to check here to see your response, and you sold out of the micro porcelains! I guess I'll end up waiting for you to go out to the marshes then so I can get it all in one go and save on shipping.

All in all, once you're able to get it (and take your time, no rush on this) I want the mangroves, the vines, the mosses, micro porcelains if you can get them, and maybe a limpet or 2. Shoot me a PM when you have it available.

And thanks again John! ;)

johnmaloney

I am going to get some more. I think I found something other than the vines for the top of your tank, but I still haven't made it to the marsh. Thing about that marsh is I have to get another boat running that is giving me trouble. I won't take the regular boat into the marsh, end up bottoming out. I think enteromorgpha flexuso, now renamed ulva intestinalis I think will work for you along with the vine.

I am going to get some more. I think I found something other than the vines for the top of your tank, but I still haven't made it to the marsh. Thing about that marsh is I have to get another boat running that is giving me trouble. I won't take the regular boat into the marsh, end up bottoming out. I think enteromorgpha flexuso, now renamed ulva intestinalis I think will work for you along with the vine.

Looks great to me, lets give that a shot for now and if I think we need something different down the line then we can continue the search. I'll have the pump running to the top of the tank hopefully tomorrow night.

So the ulva, vines, and mangroves for now will actually work great, I'll get the crabs some other time.

johnmaloney

enteromorpha is what i meant above...ok cool, buy a regular ulva and mangroves and leave a comment to sub them for this stuff. they will ship fine with priority, the vine will not be bagged though, it starts ripening.

enteromorpha is what i meant above...ok cool, buy a regular ulva and mangroves and leave a comment to sub them for this stuff. they will ship fine with priority, the vine will not be bagged though, it starts ripening.

About to order. Is Orlando okay for the $5 UPS overnight, or should I be doing the USPS?

johnmaloney

UPS is the better service to your area. Let me know how this goes. The Ulva intestinalis, formerly Enteromorpha intestinalis is going to be a chore to plant, but super hardy and can be out of the water for hours in the sun. I think this will be an ideal species, but attachment will be a project...you will see. I can take any of the rock, so they are loose. Forms inconspicuous holdfasts...my least favorite kind for attaching, you will see why. Not to turn you off to it though, I think you kind of knew you were getting into a project, but this should work. I will send a turf algae species too. It will be fresh, collect it tomorrow, but I will FW dip it for you, or you can. No more than 15 minutes FW dip with macro. Vine is fine, zone too high for any pests, and the Ulva i. has already been FW dipped.

UPS is the better service to your area. Let me know how this goes. The Ulva intestinalis, formerly Enteromorpha intestinalis is going to be a chore to plant, but super hardy and can be out of the water for hours in the sun. I think this will be an ideal species, but attachment will be a project...you will see. I can take any of the rock, so they are loose. Forms inconspicuous holdfasts...my least favorite kind for attaching, you will see why. Not to turn you off to it though, I think you kind of knew you were getting into a project, but this should work. I will send a turf algae species too. It will be fresh, collect it tomorrow, but I will FW dip it for you, or you can. No more than 15 minutes FW dip with macro. Vine is fine, zone too high for any pests, and the Ulva i. has already been FW dipped.

Just ordered! I will try a few different methods to get it to stay on, but while I was fixing the whole tubing situation for the pump I broke the rock off the top of my overflow anyway (not a big deal, doesn't change anything!) so I can attempt to use fishing line if that will work. And it's up to you about the dip, I don't have a problem doing it myself but if you want to thats great. Thanks again John!

johnmaloney

okay cool, I am thinking you will be best off rubber banding it to the rock. I will try to find it on some shells though now that I think about it. I didn't think much about it. Would you mind waiting one shipping day to see if I can find some on a legal substrate to collect? I know the spot, it wont be a goose chase, it is just I am busy in the other direction tomorrow and on Tuesday.

okay cool, I am thinking you will be best off rubber banding it to the rock. I will try to find it on some shells though now that I think about it. I didn't think much about it. Would you mind waiting one shipping day to see if I can find some on a legal substrate to collect? I know the spot, it wont be a goose chase, it is just I am busy in the other direction tomorrow and on Tuesday.

John take your time, I don't want you busting your ass and going out of your way for a $6 order hahah. Seriously though, I have to track down an aqualifter anyways, so there's no rush. just let me know when you send it so I have a heads up. And good idea on the shell, that would be great... ps: am I cluttering up your post too much?

johnmaloney

you can bump my threads anytime you want. lol... I will try that with the shell then. I don't know why I didn't think of it originally.

Heres another free bump for ya.

I got the shipping e-mail a few days ago, but hasn't arrived yet. How did you end up shipping it? Sometimes my apartment hides packages so I just want to make sure... :P

Archived