inTank Media Baskets

Yankeefan's Pico

yankeefan

This is a 3gal Mr. Aqua bow front rimless tank. I have it on my desk at work. So far all thats in there is 4lbs LR, 5lbs LS and a Koralia Nano pump. So many thoughts in my head but nothing set in stone for stocking. The focus is corals but I might throw in a goby to help sift sand and a turbo to clean the LR. As for the light I'm going LED's for sure. Right now i'm looking at the Ecoxotic Panorama just not sure if I should do 1 or 2 of them. They are 12w each. Also thought about adding some sort of HOB filter to run carbon and add volume. This is something I will prob do after cycle is done. I want to remove the nano and clear up the tank. With a big enough filter I'll have no problems with flow, its only a 3gal tank. The AC70 is 300gph and a koralia nano is 240. We will see but for now here's a pic. Oh yeah so far I've spent 25 on tank, 15 on sand and 35 on rock I had the nano pump. So thats 75 bucks.

post-32941-1269540642_thumb.jpg

For the LED's have you considered Evilc66's (forum member/Led Master Sensei) offerings over at www.nanotuners.com?

For the price that you would pay for the Panorama (~100$) you could throw in a little extra and get Evil's PAR38 (~$135 shipped) Pico lamp that is 21w and gives you two different color options and is made with the high quality Cree LEDs. You could stock pretty much any corals with this power and can be assured that the LEDs and product are quality and built to last. Plus it plugs into a standard lamp socket so you have flexibility with fixtures and placement.

I sound like a sales man, but I am in no way affiliated with nanotuners or Evil, I just think its a awesome product and I am sure many of the members on this board will agree.

here is the thread with details on PAR output for the PAR38:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=221433

There are also some new LED products that will be coming out soon from Nanotuners:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...230135&st=0

Nice tank! loving the hardscape :happy:

Nima

Thanks Nima, I have looked at the PAR38. The only thing is I was thinking of making a canopy and fitting the lights in it. The par38 looks like a awesome light and I've not ruled it out. Last I checked they were on backorder soooo. Thanks for the links, I'm always open for suggestions.

OK...I've looked at I don't know how many threads on the PAR38. The only bad thing I could say about em is the spillage. Thats it.

So lets say I did buy one, could I get away with the 80 degree placed only 6 inches off the top of the water line??? Tank is 12in long and 7in high. Only plan on softies and lps....Evil??? :unsure:

The only bad thing I could say about em is the spillage. Thats it.

So lets say I did buy one, could I get away with the 80 degree placed only 6 inches off the top of the water line??? Tank is 12in long and 7in high. Only plan on softies and lps....Evil??? :unsure:

I am not thrilled with the spillage from a spot light setup. There are only a few setups where I liked the look of the spot light but that's JMHO

I think a small HOB would be good to run some media in. Even if you used a AquaClear 20 and a PH.

Got your build thread linked up into the FTS thread, Growerguy will get the contest thread caught up once his works slows down a bit.

Archived