Cultivated Reef

My 7.5g Mr. Aqua cube!

Clavius85

That is a lot of evaporation. I'm going through a pint a day on my 7 gal cube. How long are you running those lights? I would imagine they throw off a lot of heat.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even with the lights on the tank is at a constant 79F. At the moment I'm running the light from noon until 10PM. I think I'll shorten that to 8 hours starting tomorrow.

what about getting some glass top cut to fit the tank? I know Home Depot cuts glass for free as long it's straight cut

We have

Knight

Kanter

Lamb

Poole

Hope we can get Leslie or Terrance or both!

Next year

Gilchrist

what about getting some glass top cut to fit the tank? I know Home Depot cuts glass for free as long it's straight cut

I was thinking about making a top for it. But I didn't know that about Home Depot. That's pretty cool. I may have to look into that. Thanks!

I was contemplating doing that on mine, but it's all set up now so I'll leave it. I do like how that looks though. Gives your tank more contrast.

fishdaddy0831
I just switched from my picotope to a 5.5g AGA 2 weeks ago. Curse you for coming here and showing me a cube that has 2 gallons more volume and looks way cooler <_< MUST RESIST TEMPTATIONS

Why?

You only live once.

Found a buyer for the Six-Line Wrasse that is temporarily in the pico at the moment. Hopefuly he picks up the fish this week and then I can start looking for a Yellow Clown Goby. I haven't had good luck with them in the past though. But maybe in a smaller tank I can get one to eat.

how much evaporation? Also does the HOB filter cause some salt creeps along the back? I am tempting to get an open top cube but ..man..

how much evaporation? Also does the HOB filter cause some salt creeps along the back? I am tempting to get an open top cube but ..man..

At first I thought I was dealing with some serious evaporation. Like around 1/2 gallon per day. But now I think it's really about 1/4 gallon per day that I have to top off.

I haven't noticed any salt creep yet. But the tank hasn't been up long.

ok so the tank no matter what view i look at it looks alot taller than wider? am i correct? and if so what is the height becuase i thought it was a 12x12x12.. or is the 12 suppost to be water height? i dunno im a noobie!

ok so the tank no matter what view i look at it looks alot taller than wider? am i correct? and if so what is the height becuase i thought it was a 12x12x12.. or is the 12 suppost to be water height? i dunno im a noobie!

No, it's 12x12x12". It's just the angle I took the pictures from that makes it look taller.

Clavius85
How did that happen? How can one avoid it? Couldn't a lawnmower blenny take care of that?

I'm not really sure what has caused it. It could be the rock itself.

A lawnmower blenny would probably eat it but I wouldn't put one in such a small tank. And a lawnmower blenny wouldn't solve the underlying cause of the algae.

dont give up. tank just needs to stabalize its self. maybee add alittle more cuc and wait. mine took like 3- 4 months before there was no more algae at all. also could be lack of lr?

Archived