Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

JP's Standard Issue Tank thread

bitts

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

much talk of mead, beer, hops, yeast. have to have some thing to talk about while waiting for the silicone to get here.

Looking good! What did you use to cut the weir?

And to think im still dreading drilling tanks, and your cutting them up with ease.

Looking good! What did you use to cut the weir?

And to think im still dreading drilling tanks, and your cutting them up with ease.

Cut is made with a dremel using a #562 tile cutting bit and lots of water. Have tried hole saws and never had good luck. Still have the holes for the return to do. That's got me a little worried. May just wuss out & use the dremel.

thanks am. i cant belive how much of an effect this had on the overalll flow. now if i can just avoid any mini cycles from stiring up the sand bed. lowered the eductors as well as rescaping, you have to love those things.

at some point i'll get excavators as well but untill then. go bugs go, im down to 1 certh snail. i keep putting off things thinkin that i sould wait untill i do the up grade. but a yasha would be so cool.

Hey am its a baby frag off my torch. Dayglow green center with red arms, white tips. Was trying to frag it when the skeleton shattered length wise. Left me with a bunch the size of an eraser and two the size of your thumb nail. Had four survive. Put the biggest in my friends tank. The rest have grown quite nicely. The big one now has 4 mouths, the one in the pics is spliting and the baby that started withonly one arm just develuped a mouth!

Oceanus thank you. If you have any ? Please ask.

I do agree that flow is important, bbut I still disagree. I think of lighting as more important.

what can you live without for longer? eating or breathing.

so i will soon be ordering silicone and a new bulb for the 10.

im thinkin that the exo will be around 6 inches deep. this is deeper than i wanted but having a flow rate of 800gal/hour is a design requirement so may have to. that or jump to 1.5 inch plumbing from the 1 inch.

This should be good... Looking forward to following!!!

Will there be beer talk in here...? -_-

B)

was meaning to ask what equipment behond car boys, airlocks, & bottles do you need @ a minimum to brew. the home brew shop down the street is also brew on site. trying to decide best route to take if i step up to beer from mead. of corse the car boys have to be empted first. mmmmmm... bottling such much fun. think some one in your thread mentioned kegging, i'll have to look into this. but for now its just mead with yeast that goes to 26% muahahahahahah....... only problem is i forgot to take the og so will never know if it worked.

Archived