SaltCritters.com

Irish Trivia

johnmaloney

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
johnmaloney

oh man, sorry i didnt see it before the edit, I suspect you probably had it right originally, let me see on that.... okay, but in the future post clarifications

jacobnano - raisins will work too, so 2 correct answers for the one question

Double points if you can get me to understand why everyone is big on it. ;) Shame I kind of fell asleep on you guys with this one yesterday. Let me come up with one hard one and make it worth more. I picked up some ugly and ridiculously small orange montis yesterday, can hook you up with them on this one.

johnmaloney

nah nevermind, small and crappy orange monti frag per answer, will do 3 then end the contest:

correctly spell one word in gaelic - no google - wikipedia etc..

johnmaloney

My family is still big on it, my grandfather makes it and everyone looks forward to it. I prefer the other side of the family's traditional foods...cannolis and such. That makes sense to me. It wasn't really a question though.

In gaelic..."Erin go bragh"

yeah that works. i saw that on a pin yesterday

Liam Neeson, or however you spell his name, played this iconic Irish figure in a movie that somehow cast Julia Roberts as an Irish woman.

No clue (without Googling). I'm out, have to leave and go on assignment now. John, I sent you a PM about yesterday's contest, don't know if you saw it.

Anyway thanks again for hosting it. Hope the hangover isn't too bad.

johnmaloney

i have to check my pm box. i have an order of how i answer emails, and right now I am on custom crews, and this thing. it is weird, but the closest thing i have to organization. :)

nope, no one got it yet.

Deleted User 6

soup eater: a person that dropped the "O" off their name in exchange for some British-offered soup. Names without the "O" sounded less Catholic and more Protestant.

What do I win?

johnmaloney

oh wow! really?

yep teajay, that is the one

Dang. Hes an awesome actor too. Well I have no idea without cheating haha :)

dont see the movie though, not sure if it was the screen writer or the director, but they made a movie about terrorism and fighting the brittish empire play out like driving ms daisy.

lol i got here too late. im an irish:P i was naming all these right except the whole first irish president. lol.

dont see the movie though, not sure if it was the screen writer or the director, but they made a movie about terrorism and fighting the brittish empire play out like driving ms daisy.

i dunno, i liked it. it tells a story, its not an action movie:)

lol no.. i think the failure lies with julia roberts. lol. shes sucks in that movie. if that was her first movie, she might not have been in any more lol.

so Micheal Collins is the 2nd most successful movie ever to be released in Ireland, know what the first is? lol think green.. no really.

actually i cant find proof, so i better retract my question. i heard it was shrek though.. which i found amusing.

- doesnt that mean they are broke? not sure, my grandfather used to say words like $*(^$&Y and (UP$#*@*$. :)

- i have a long paper about the Troubles I did for an International Politics class. I guess the sweet deal the Irish got in the Good Friday Agreement, the Irish are supposed to have the larger voting class in the north by 2020 or something.

It was partially because between the two groups the own most of the real estate they were ending up bombing so every time they lit one off they would end up damaging one of their own holdings. Furthermore it was becoming bad for the other "businesses" they were in including gambling, loan sharking, prostitution, and drugs. Yes I am serious about this.

nah nevermind, small and crappy orange monti frag per answer, will do 3 then end the contest:

correctly spell one word in gaelic - no google - wikipedia etc..

Tir Na nOg - Loose translation is "The land of the Fey". Want me to belt one out in Gaelic for you as well? My Gaga taught me a few

soup eater: a person that dropped the "O" off their name in exchange for some British-offered soup. Names without the "O" sounded less Catholic and more Protestant.

What do I win?

My applause. You are the first non-Tig who has gotten that right. I am assuming you are not a Tig by the way as I believe you are from Germany...?

Oh and does anyone know what a Tig is? Or a Two Percenter?

johnmaloney

I was just jokinh urchinhead :)

A 2 percenter is a redhead, I dated a ginger girl once and she talked about that one day. not sure if it is an irish thing though.

no clue what a tig is

Archived