Top Shelf Aquatics

Daleo's Pure Imagination RSM

Daleo

So the deal was that if I made A/B honor role then my mom would get me a Biocube HQI. Well, I've done some thinkning and I decided to get the RSM 130D. She agreed so its good. I've made honor role and we're probably getting it thursday afternoon. omgomgomg Plans are to use my 12g and pretty much transfer everything and take down the NC. My only reservation was my crocea clam, but if StevieT can do it so can I. :D Rockscpae is going to be a few pieces on the sandbed, and have majority on that so I have a lot of sandbed, but also a lot of rock. My LFS has theor RSM like that. We'll see how it looks (might change). Plenty of pics to come!!!!!!!!!!!

Current Livestock List

Fish

Midas Blenny

Coral

Zoas (radioactive drgon eyes, eagle eyes, kaleidescpoe, )

Palys (nuclear Implosion, magicians, GPE, Pink and Gold, PInk palys, Sparkling Pink, Grandis, Bubblegum Sprinkles)

Acropora (ORA Red Planet)

Montipora (Green Cap, Rainbow Encrsuting)

LE Tyree Toadstool Leather

Yellow Polyps

Mushrooms

Pom Pom Xenia

Dendrophylia

Green Star Polyp

Kenya Tree

Candycane Coral

Frogspawn

Florida Ricordia

Blue Clove Polyps

Birdsnest

Inverts

RBTA

ORA Maxima Clam

Mini Carpet Anemone

Flower Anemones

Maxi Mini Anemone

Scarlet Hermits

Astreas

Turbos

I will try to keep this list up to date

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would recommend getting the new big tank setup and cycled with some new LR (you're gonna need extra anyway) and stabolized before transfering everything over. esp the clam...

I would recommend getting the new big tank setup and cycled with some new LR (you're gonna need extra anyway) and stabolized before transfering everything over. esp the clam...

Right. I'll have them setup side by side for about 6 months running as separate tanks. :)

K. So I got the Red Sea Max!! Love the end result but this is NOT a "plug and play" system. An hour of setup later, and my red sea max was ready for water. Heater sucks. Took an hour to heat the water from 69 to 70, so now I can finally put my LR in cuz the temp is about 75. Not hating on this system. I LOVE IT. I'm just a little disappointed in ease of setup. However, once setup, great!!

I really like my rockscape. Will post pics tomorrow if i can. :D

EDIT: Turns out stock heater is not that bad. Just slow to heat the water. It does a good job of maintaining temp though :)

crocea clam, but if StevieT can do it so can I.

StevieT, LLC or any of its organization hold no responsibility to this statement. "StevieT, LLC" as it should be defined as has no relationship with "Daleo" or any of it's members. There is no scientific claim to back up the above quoted statement. This statement is not governed or regulated by any reefing body of the United States Marine Department. Clinical trials were not used in the making of this statement by StevieT, LLC or any of it's members. Use as directed. If dry water lasting longer than four hours is observed, see your LFS right away. Common side effects of this statement are long-term enjoyment, peaceful feelings in the brain, and lack of stress. Please see our AD in Nano-Reef Magazine for more details.

I know! I know! Pics or it didn't happen... Well, Here ya go! :D

Empty

100_1073.jpg

The back

100_1075.jpg

Rockscape, ya like so far?

100_1076.jpg

From the top

100_1082.jpg

Topless :naughtydance:

100_1083.jpg

So there you go, my newsuperawesomeredseamaxthatwillbethebest. Probably getting more LR sunday... I didn't realize how deep this tank was. Now we wait...

So steve, can I please join your super cool RSM owners thread? Pretty Please?

You F'in bet. Added

Thanks! :)

K. So checked params and no nitrite or ammonia and 20ppm Nitrate. I added some coral from my 12g. Most of them considered pests and I have plenty of them. This includes: Yellow Polyps, GSP, a Mushroom and Toadstool Leather

Here are the pics! :D

100_1094.jpg

100_1093.jpg

And a new rockscape!

100_1086.jpg

Hey! What do ya'll think about putting an orchid dottyback in my RSM? My LFS has one from ORA. I wanna get him now, but i'm going to wait for a couple weeks before I shell out 70 bucks for a fish...

I decided to add a refugium. I had some supplies laying around and I'm not such a good DIYer, so this is what I came up with.

Before

100_1094-1.jpg

Acrylic piece scored and cut to size

100_1095.jpg

Light

100_1096.jpg

100_1097.jpg

All together

100_1098.jpg

So will this grow anything? Or will I have have to get some more of the lights from Lowes?

nkUnleashed

Daleo!

I'm loving the 'scape. That Totoka from Star is SICK. I can't believe how much surface area and purple goodness comes with that stuff. I ended up with a little new-tank syndrome after a couple months, but it cleared up quickly, and now I'm getting tons of purple coraline from that LR.

I'm excited to see how your fuge goes. I've been considering that for a while myself, but haven't had the courage to try it out yet.

Tank is looking good. If you see anything in my tank you want frags of, just let me know and we can hook it up.

Best wishes

Daleo!

I'm loving the 'scape. That Totoka from Star is SICK. I can't believe how much surface area and purple goodness comes with that stuff. I ended up with a little new-tank syndrome after a couple months, but it cleared up quickly, and now I'm getting tons of purple coraline from that LR.

I'm excited to see how your fuge goes. I've been considering that for a while myself, but haven't had the courage to try it out yet.

Tank is looking good. If you see anything in my tank you want frags of, just let me know and we can hook it up.

Best wishes

Cool.

YES! I would love to swap some frags! I will look around on your thread some to see if there is anything that i'd like to get.

I can't wait to see the coraline algae growth. Also the pods. :) It is crazy porous!

I have diatoms galore. Its cycled and ready to go. CUC and first fish coming in the next few weeks. I moved some more coral over after a large WC.

Tomorrow I wil probably get a B&W clown and some clean up crew. I know its not advisedto put any fish in this early but I already have some coral that is doing fantstically so far, so I don't think a fish will be stressed.

New to the RSM:

Yellow polyps

Green Star Polyps

Zoas

Candy cane coral

Pulsing Xenia

My Xenia is pulsing in the new tank :D and the Candy cane coral swelled up and was happy. I think it likes the new lower flow. I'll most likely put my frogspawn and torch in there tonight so that the clown has something to host.

Pics tomorrow!

Well, got a B&W clown. And moved some stuff over from my NC 12g and got a sun coral.

PICS:

100_1128.jpg

Sun Coral at night

100_1109.jpg

Feeding Time

100_1106.jpg

Lone Shroom

100_1134.jpg

Various Corals

100_1132.jpg

Frogspawn

100_1137.jpg

FTS

100_1130.jpg

I take back what I said about the stock heater. Mine took forever to heat up the water, but it does a good job keeping the tank at that temp. AND it is the first heater that I've owned that kept the water at the temp on the dial. Even my stealth heater was not good at that. :)

nkUnleashed
O ya I forgot to recommend star aquatics. They cut me a deal for ~20 heads of sun coral for $30. Killer deal IMO!

+1 Star is AWESOME!!! They love what they do, and they're good at it (especially Matt).

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE!!!!!

I don't like to talk, so here's some pics

New Plate

100_1314.jpg

100_1315.jpg

100_1328.jpg

100_1318.jpg

100_1319.jpg

IDK what this is. Some kind of LPS... Brain Coral??

100_1320.jpg

Unidentified Acropora

100_1321.jpg

Red Sea Xenia

100_1322.jpg

Other xenia, zoas, ect.

100_1323.jpg

Green Star Polyp

100_1326.jpg

Palys

100_1326.jpg

Superman Shroom

100_1329.jpg

FTS

100_1317.jpg

The fuge light never really worked. The LED light wasn't enough, and when I got a new light, all the macro algae died... So i'm just getting a tunze 9002 and moded skimmer cup when I get the money.

• 1 month later...

Archived