SaltCritters.com

Kenny's 28g Nano Cube CF-Quad adventure!

kennycs1292

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kennycs1292
Nice! How is everything doing? You still stock lighting?

everything is going very well. The xenia is already attaching itself to the life rock closest to it (i sense fragging in the future). The lighting is still stock, and it will be stock for at least a few months.

Looks good Still in love with the blenny

it loves you too

kennycs1292

after the death of my midas blenny (R.I.P) i made sure water params were good, and everything was healthy and happy. i guess the death of the midas will forever me a mystery...

anyway, i picked up two new pieces

a green acan, and an orange one with white on it (looks like it was sprinkled with sugar)

sorry, i dont know the names for the color morphs of the acans, nor do i care :)

DSCF3610.jpg

DSCF3609.jpg

the start of my acan garden

DSCF3612.jpg

some other random pics

DSCF3604.jpg

DSCF3603.jpg

DSCF3602.jpg

(this guy is already growin :mellow:

-kenny

tanks looking good...sorry to hear about the midas blenny...wish i still lived in holtsville i dont know a good lfs to go to :(

kennycs1292
tanks looking good...sorry to hear about the midas blenny...wish i still lived in holtsville i dont know a good lfs to go to :(

where are you living now?

where are you living now?

i live in Little Neck now im close to fish town usa .I don't know why but they rubbed me the wrong way.Plus that huge tank of nasty fiji live rock maybe haha

kennycs1292
i live in Little Neck now im close to fish town usa .I don't know why they rubbed me the wrong way.Plus that huge tank of nasty fiji live rock maybe haha

i go to Tropical Island Aquarium in deer park...very nice place

i go to Tropical Island Aquarium in deer park...very nice place

lol Deer park ave is where i used to meet up for the race's but its 30 min drive sooo far

kennycs1292
Kenny, what happened to the Midas? He was all the rage! I've been shopping for once since see yours.

i have no clue, nothing funky with the water, nothing in the tank that would kill it, it ate fine, never looked stressed out.....it just happened. i am going to end up getting another one anyway, they are just too cool

Awe My poor little blenny friend. Sniffle Tank is looking good Love the new acans. The ones I got from there are doing great as well.

Kenny sorry to hear about the midas. :(

Love your pictures. So are you going to get another midas first or a different fish?

You are an acan guy, I am a zoa + duncan guy ;)

Keep up the good work!

kennycs1292
Kenny sorry to hear about the midas. :(

Love your pictures. So are you going to get another midas first or a different fish?

You are an acan guy, I am a zoa + duncan guy ;)

Keep up the good work!

im most likely going to end up with another midas.

i do love acans, but i also love zoas! they dont really sell many nice ones at the LFS i go to though. and i do have a duncan frag, cant wait till it gets a few more heads on it!

If you feed your duncan every other day it will sprout up new heads much faster.

Right now I just do water changes and do not feed mine and it already has 3 new heads with a total of 5. Also if you see your duncan looking not himself just give it a few days and see if its sprouting a new head.

My lfs does not have any high end zoas either.

kennycs1292
If you feed your duncan every other day it will sprout up new heads much faster.

Right now I just do water changes and do not feed mine and it already has 3 new heads with a total of 5. Also if you see your duncan looking not himself just give it a few days and see if its sprouting a new head.

My lfs does not have any high end zoas either.

i am feeding my duncan and acans for faster growth. Im hoping to have a big duncan colony in a few months, and a sand bed covered with different color acans. Im also going to have a ricordia garden, and a zoanthid garden......i love daydreaming :happy:

The most pleasure I get from the hooby is watching my kids grow and knowing I have a healthy ecosystem.

So much fun. I'm still observing my zoas for growth. It is a little hard and I might need to count the polyps and write it down so I can keep track.

kennycs1292

got some zoas today. dont know the names. not really the type who cares about the names, if they look nice to me, ill get them. (the pictures dont do the zoas justice)

DSCF3626.jpg

just wondering...are these purple hornets?

DSCF3627.jpg

favia

DSCF3621.jpg

duncan

DSCF3617.jpg

ric

DSCF3620.jpg

future zoa garden

DSCF3631.jpg

future ric garden

DSCF3633.jpg

future acan garden

DSCF3632.jpg

empty space for goodies

DSCF3634.jpg

FTS (sorry about cloudy water, hands were just all up in the tank)

DSCF3630.jpg

-kenny

Are they personable fish? Midas blenny? I saw one once but it cost a lot, though I don't remember what right now. I just though that for such a small fish it cost a lot.

Nice collection BTW.

Archived