Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Kenny's 28g Nano Cube CF-Quad adventure!

kennycs1292

littlelacho

Ahhhh....yes, another problem I had when I was testing it out. I have read through any posts I could find about it and the tubing was mentioned in one. Someone said to replace it with new (better) air tubing and that will no longer be an issue.

How are the little guys doing that you have in there now? How is your water testing out? Keep us updated :)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kennycs1292
Ahhhh....yes, another problem I had when I was testing it out. I have read through any posts I could find about it and the tubing was mentioned in one. Someone said to replace it with new (better) air tubing and that will no longer be an issue.

How are the little guys doing that you have in there now? How is your water testing out? Keep us updated :)

i have some extra tubing that i can use, thanks for the tip. All of my water params are perfect :D

ill be posting some pics later

Any new pics coming soon? Everyone loves pics.

Are you still using the stock protein skimmer? What is your opinion on it?

kennycs1292
Any new pics coming soon? Everyone loves pics.

Are you still using the stock protein skimmer? What is your opinion on it?

sorry i caught a stomach virus or something like that a few days ago, so i haven't even wanted to get out of my bed to go on the computer. I will try to post some pics later if im feeling a bit better. The only problem with the stock skimmer is that the airline tubing that comes with it always falls off the air pump after an hour or so of it running, so im going to use stonger airline tubing

kennycs1292

finally took some more pics :)

CUC doing what it does best:

before

post-51172-1269561691_thumb.jpg

after

post-51172-1269561703_thumb.jpg

i provide pastures for grazing...

post-51172-1269561715_thumb.jpg

nom nom...

post-51172-1269561729_thumb.jpg

finally got the skimmer working right

post-51172-1269561781_thumb.jpg

water params are perfect, calcium is a bit high, but my ph, and alk are perfect so im not too worried. When i get some LPS and such the calcium will go down a bit im guessing

-kenny

kennycs1292

so today is the day i add the first fish and coral(s) to the tank!

For fish i was thinking a goby (rainford's) or blenny (midas)...any other ideas?

and for coral im probably gonna get some of the easier stuff, probably some shrooms, ricordia, zoas, and/or maybe an lps....

any suggestions would be wonderful

-kenny

Get a blenny I like tailspots there cool. I alos like rics shrooms zoas and I have the frog for sale for 25 I will send you a picture later I promise :0) don't forget to give us pictures of your new stuff

kennycs1292

Im so happy!!! i got my first real live stock today!

purchases goes as follows:

Midas Blenny (so so so entertaining)

Scarlet Cleaner Shrimp

Ricordia x2

Pulsing Xenia (i didn't really want one, but my mom loves them)

Duncan

Awesome Favia

Purple and green acan

all of the corals opened up within an hour of being acclimated into the tank. I took some pics, but my camera sucks so imagine the color intensity multiplied by a lot :happy:

DSCF3560.jpg

DSCF3561.jpg

DSCF3563.jpg

DSCF3546.jpg

DSCF3545.jpg

DSCF3549.jpg

DSCF3557.jpg

DSCF3564.jpg

DSCF3565.jpg

DSCF3566.jpg

sorry about all the pics -_-

-kenny

gotta love the acans, my sandbed is going to be covered in them

Mine also and brains and plates. Little at a time.

kennycs1292
damn now i want a midas! :D

maybe i started a trend? :P

Love the Acans and the Midas. Does the Midas show any aggression?

i have only had the midas for two days, and so far he/she? is nothing but beauty. I also put a clown in there from an old tank that i had being kept for me until this tank was ready. They seem to get along fine, the midas just swims in and out of the rock work. it is so eel like, i love it.

littlelacho

Everything looks great, Kenny...give us a FTS!!! I love the Midas too...I was thinking about adding one to my tank :) Keep up the good work!

I have finally got around to adding some rock to mine as well. With the vet bills, I have had to take it soooo slow lol! It has been just salt water and live sand for three weeks :( I had a small cycle with just the sand, which I didn't really expect but have a small amount of diatoms. Yesterday I added 10 lbs of Figi and in two weeks or so I will get another 15 -20 lbs. The LFS that I like better is curing theirs as it only just came in.

kennycs1292
Everything looks great, Kenny...give us a FTS!!! I love the Midas too...I was thinking about adding one to my tank :) Keep up the good work!

I have finally got around to adding some rock to mine as well. With the vet bills, I have had to take it soooo slow lol! It has been just salt water and live sand for three weeks :( I had a small cycle with just the sand, which I didn't really expect but have a small amount of diatoms. Yesterday I added 10 lbs of Figi and in two weeks or so I will get another 15 -20 lbs. The LFS that I like better is curing theirs as it only just came in.

sounds good! cant wait to see

Archived