MJ's 75 Gallons of Schnozberries

Militant Jurist

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Militant Jurist
Woot! Wet water!!

:happydance:

Hi Richie! Yup yup! It will be very wet water indeed! I also should probably pick up some sand while I'm at the LFS. I'm gonna need a bag or two after the rock gets here.

Needreefunds
Hi Richie! Yup yup! It will be very wet water indeed! I also should probably pick up some sand while I'm at the LFS. I'm gonna need a bag or two after the rock gets here.

Hey bud!!

I am back at work!! Dropped in at lunch to say herrow.

Gotta go back in a couple tho. :happy:

Cool to see you are still moving forward here. B)

Militant Jurist
Hey bud!!

I am back at work!! Dropped in at lunch to say herrow.

Gotta go back in a couple tho. :happy:

Cool to see you are still moving forward here. B)

Back at work?!? You couldn't milk a Friday off out of everything? :P

Yeah, I'm very glad to have the whole "crack" ordeal behind me.

Why does that sound like something a politician or celebrity has said?

Militant Jurist

Ouch. I messaged evilc about using PAR38 bulbs on this tank, to keep SPS in the top half. The answer: 6 bulbs. I'm leaning more and more toward sticking with T5HO. The only way I could afford to go PAR38 is if I bought 2 to 3 of the bulbs now, and then picked up the rest down the road. Or, I could get a Nova Extreme to do the trick for $211. The difference in price is about 3 or 4 years worth of T5HO bulb changes. :gulp:

Militant Jurist

My lone post in the Lounge today got me thinking about my time working for the government, and it caused me to remember that I still have money in the State's public employees retirement program. I figured it would be a couple hundred bucks from the year that I worked there, plus matching money (which I wouldn't be entitled to anyways). So on lunch today, I created my account so that I could look it up, and get a refund. Much to my surprise, the website says that "My Contribution" was over a grand! With interest, I could be looking at a refund of over $1200! Granted, most of that will probably end up going into the house, as I still need to finish my stone patio. However, there could be enough left for a cool toy or critter for the 75. :happy:

Militant Jurist

The water is partially wet. I've added enough salt for 10 gallons. According to my math based on volume calculations, I've got just barely shy of 60 gallons. So if I pick up a 50 gallon bag of salt, that should make my water completely wet! I've also learned that the K2 isn't nearly powerful enough to mix the salt in a 75. I would buy another Koralia used, but now that I've got a retirement refund check coming, I'm thinking that the toy for the tank should be a vortech. There is an MP40 for sale locally for just a tad over $300.

Needreefunds

Vortech will nevah hurtcha. :P

..and I could have taken today, but I felt the need to get back in the swing of things. The shop is rockin' and I felt the need to contribute. I made a small dent in some billing- small because even typing was more difficult than I thought. But I did well all things considered. :happy:

Militant Jurist
Vortech will nevah hurtcha. :P

Except maybe in the wallet. :P

..and I could have taken today, but I felt the need to get back in the swing of things. The shop is rockin' and I felt the need to contribute. I made a small dent in some billing- small because even typing was more difficult than I thought. But I did well all things considered. :happy:

Sounds great! I'm sure it will start getting better once you find a new rhythm. At least it sounds like the shop is busy! I know my dad's been really happy about that. He owns a body shop, and people are still bringing in cars just like always. He's been so swamped, that he hired another guy a while back.

Vortech!!!!

B)

More salt will shortly be in the tank!

Militant Jurist

:happy:

Once the water is fully wet, I'll snap a picture or two, because this page needs a picture.

Oh, and any advise on installing a GFCI outlet? I've got to upgrade a two prong outlet to a GFCI to make this tank run more than a Koralia and heater.

Militant Jurist

Ok, two updates already:

1) I've talked to John and ironed out a CUC. I'll be getting 60 Dwarf Ceriths, 20 Florida Ceriths, 9 Nassarius, 11 Large Nerite, 7 Small to medium Nerites, 1 limpet and 1 fuzzy chiton.

2) I've placed my order with Foster and Smith. I decided to go the 4x54w T5HO route, with two 2x24w fixtures I already own being added to the canopy. Should be an interesting canopy build. While I was ordering, I added two digital thermometers (a step up from my current stick ons), a larger fish net, a couple of veggie clips, and some chemipure.

Militant Jurist

100_1357.jpg

omgomgomg

In other news, the guy with the MP40 for sale didn't update his thread after he lined up a buyer, so I'm back on the hunt again.

Militant Jurist
AND.......

He's off!!!!! :lol:

IT'S ALIVE!!!

its_alive_3.jpg

I can't wait until the rock from John arrives. He said he sent it by way of the pony express, so I set out a sack of grain and a bunch of carrot sticks today.

I also got a tracking number for my F&S order. It hasn't entered the system, so no ETA yet.

On the scaping front: There's already been one suggestion for a peninsula style scape. Any other suggestions?

Militant Jurist

On FedEx vehicle for delivery.

In other news, I posted a classified ad yesterday for a used MP40. I knew it was a long shot (since MP40s are overkill for a nano), but I thought, what the heck. Well, holy canole! When I woke up this morning, I had two PMs, both from people with positive feedback in the Vendor/Trader section. I just need to get a price from one of them, and there just might be a deal!

Also in other news... the shirt I put on today has a spot on it the size of your little fingernail. I didn't notice it until i got here, and I have no idea what in the world it is. :angry: It's on the cuff, so I'll just have to roll up my sleeves today.

Militant Jurist

omgomgomg

Delivered

omgomgomg

Looks like I've got something waiting on me when I get home. :happy: I also need to get working on installing the GFCI outlet, so that I don't have to keep using the cheater plug. :mellow:

Yippeeee for delivery. Also I love my fuzzy chiton I have 2 in my 75 going to get 2 more for that tank and 2 for my 30gl.

Militant Jurist
Yippeeee for delivery. Also I love my fuzzy chiton I have 2 in my 75 going to get 2 more for that tank and 2 for my 30gl.

:D

Hm... four for a 75g, eh? I like it! Did your two pick farming spots near where you put them, or did they just randomly find a place? I'd love to have four little farmers spread out among my tank.

Militant Jurist

100_1366.jpg

100_1367.jpg

LET THERE BE LIGHT!

100_1368.jpg

Militant Jurist
Looks nice!

Thanks! B) It is part 1 of 2 of the pricey equipment needed for the tank. I thought I could get away with a K2 to cycle the tank, but the flow in a 75 is kind of pathetic. So, I found a used MP40w for $340 shipped.

Loled at the gun just sitting on the table...

:lol: I forgot about that. It's my daily carry, and that's where it goes while I change out of my monkey suit.

Archived