Coral Vue Hydros

Fluval Edge Tank Thread

fcruz420

Altho evaporation is pretty small on these tanks, you will want a ATO if you are away often.

Mine is autonomous for 12days! And tested :)

I have a spare little autotopoff.com ATO just waiting for something to do!

I looked at the new rimless JBJ AIO tank but I have decided to go with the Edge. It's just so tidy and ideal for an office desk!

Thanks for the input!

I see you Whent topless on your none edge, personally i like the top on and the stock look i have great light coverage on all corners. Its mainly sps and yes i have sps in all corners of tank and everything is growing great. Your tanks looks good by the way. I lOve the little use of rock witch makes its look way better.

• 1 month later...

im new to reef and in my 3 week of the cycle, i am planing on doing a custom rimless Edge soon, until then here my noob tank. lol

how to add pictures?

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
Cameron6796

It's sad to see this thread die out after reading all 31 pages and even though i keep promising myself to go bigger i think I might need to set an edge up if not a nano of some sort

Cameron6796

That's awesome vortex what kind of mushroom is that in picture 2. I really want to do an edge but mine is FW and i am still afraid it's parameters might be to unstable maybe of i get a job at my lfs ill try it, might as well am i right

What are you doing for mods i.e. lighting etc. or is it just the stock tank

• Like 1

Thanks Cameron, they're just the reg purple ones. I got a heck of a deal on them too as you can see it is covered with the all around the rock. It's def an awesome piece.

I wanted to keep it as low tech and budget as possible so all I'm using is 3 w/b/w eco pico LEDs and 1 all blue eco pico led. I have 3 diff times so I can try to mimic sun up/ sun down and the corals seem to like it. As for flow .. Just the stock hob with purigen and a mini chemipure, and a Tom mini power head.

maint .. I change a gallon of water once every 5 days and have a nanomag to scrub the algae.

IMAG0329_zps52eba460.jpg

Cameron6796

Both look great really want to do an edge but have never done saltwater and really worried. Thinking of doing a 5 gallon coral tank with maybe firefish.

hi there, newbie here. im about to buy a 6 gallon edge, just had a question about the lighting. the new edges come with LED bulbs now, but I understand that they are still not strong enough to support corals. my question is, what is the easiest/most economical thing I can do to add enough light for basic corals? I really dont want to mess around with wiring, soldering etc, I am terrible with that stuff. Is there a light I can buy and install with ease?

65283_10151238269956443_1206394432_n.jpg

In the mail for my edge,should be here by saturday!!! thanks to IluminAqua

i'll be selling this one in a couple of weeks if anyone in interested. 9cree leds dimeable

• 2 weeks later...

Your edge looks great Vortex,

Here is mine with a few pics from my phone, I lost a lot of corals due to neglect but ill start restocking it soon

IMG_2055_zpse43dacfa.jpg

IMG_2061_zps5ceb3015.jpg

IMG_2058_zps9fb37d0c.jpg

• Like 2

Divy... Thanks!! I liked it alot... Yes likED.. My tank somehow got some sort of bacteria in it and all died so I had to re start everything. I will say yours looks great, elegant and to the point. I initially wanted to go that route as you can see in that main rock I had but I found that shroom rock and well changed my mind. I will say I have changed the scape in version 2.0 and am much happier with it. Pics all look crappy, I couldn't get some good shots.

IMAG0431_zps3f4a5160.jpg

IMAG0434_zps7f8bfdfa.jpg

IMAG0439_zps9de1c856.jpg

• Like 1
1reefluvr2

Edge looks great! I like the second scape myself since it uses lots of the sides . I'm growing sps in my edge and it seems to be doing great.

Divy... Thanks!! I liked it alot... Yes likED.. My tank somehow got some sort of bacteria in it and all died so I had to re start everything. I will say yours looks great, elegant and to the point. I initially wanted to go that route as you can see in that main rock I had but I found that shroom rock and well changed my mind. I will say I have changed the scape in version 2.0 and am much happier with it. Pics all look crappy, I couldn't get some good shots.

IMAG0431_zps3f4a5160.jpg

IMAG0434_zps7f8bfdfa.jpg

IMAG0439_zps9de1c856.jpg

Yes agreed, the second scape is Rockin. Bummer to hear bout the tank crash. Atleast a few pieces survived.

Cameron6796

Any body have some ideas for lighting this tank at around the 100$ range that will give me about 3-5 watts per gallon

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...