Pod Your Reef

Tanngu87 6 Gallon Sea Horse Tank

Tanngu87

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
very nice! that's a lot more space :)

Yeah and if my overflow doesnt work ill just have a HOB Filter on the left side and the wall will block the flow. and ill drill some hole in the return pump section so flow will go thru.

Yeah! i need to do a water test today. But other then that i might do black or some other color i just dunno what i feel like standing out then everyone else hahha

you could do what I did and put a foam board cutout as the background. that way you can switch out colors whenever and the paint wont impact your light in any way.

Newman has a good point, I just prefer black with the Dwarfs becauseof their color it makes them really stand out. Some people like to use that black tahaiti moon sand with them aswell. Though white sand looks just as good IMO or maybe a mix of both colors.

Very nice! There was a span of like 5 years that I always had dwarf seahorses. Looks like the new setup will be a nice place!

You might want to think about getting another small nano tank setup- they breed like guppies!

Thank you!! =] Thats what i heard about them breeding like guppies. So i talked to alex and im planning to divide my 20L with alot of section so i can turn it into a nursery and i will be searching for more decor that looks nice. I dont want to grab a whole bunch of stuff that will make it ugly. I still need to buy brine shrimp eggs. But please stay tune! they'll be arriving this week.

I always had multiple tanks of dwarfs both adult and fry- so I need to have constant batches of both baby brine shrinp and adult brine shrimp.

The easiest method for me was to fill a 5 gallon bucket with FW. Get a heater in there at like 75-80*. I want to say the warmer the better but that might not be exactly true. Not over 82, for sure.

Then like 3-4 2L soda bottles almost in half. I always used the top half with the cap. Fill that part with saltwater, add brine shrimp eggs, and use a clothes pin or a clamp to clamp it to the inside of the bucket. This is so you can keep the the brine shrimp warm- almost like acclimating a fish..

Add air bubbles to the containers with brine shrimp/eggs in it.

Wait 24 hours for newly hatched baby brine shrimp, wait longer for adult brine shrimp.

Remove the soda bottle top that has the brine shrimp you want to use in it and let it sit in a dark place, uncirculated for a few minutes. Then add a light to one side of the bottle, all the brine shrimp will be attracted to the light and you can syphon them out with an airline hose, or suck them up with a syringe.

You're also going to want to rinse them in a brine shrimp net to remove any eggs which are harmful to seahorses and also can contain hydriods.

Is there and specific amount of egg i pour in? and does it have to be specifically brine shrimp net?? I like your idea with thew 5 gallon bucket

Archived