Cultivated Reef

*VIDEO* Tiger pistol shrimp paired w/ YWG

5-O Reefer

Here's a quick clip of my paired yellow watchman goby and tiger pistol shrimp. I originally bought the two together but while in quarantine, the goby died. So the shrimp was in the tank by himself for a week or so while I got another YWG. Put the goby in the tank today and they paired up right away.

The shrimp had already made his hole before the goby and didn't make too much of a mess. Now that the YWG is there, the shrimp is messing around with everything. For a little shrimp he's pretty dang strong, picking up frags etc... We'll see what happens but hopefully he will settle down a bit when he's done building.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGxDxHPd6Wk

Awesome video man... Loved it when the Shrimp readjusted the tree coral... or what ever that thing is.

That was a kenya tree.

I just had to find all the ruble in the tank for him to play with, so he would stop trying to steal my frags!

That was a kenya tree.

I just had to find all the ruble in the tank for him to play with, so he would stop trying to steal my frags!

Would you say there's a limit on size when it comes to the YWG? I have a carribean pistol that has gotten close to 1.75" long... he's very large... the biggest YWG I've seen in the LFS's have only been about 1.5".

Would you say there's a limit on size when it comes to the YWG? I have a carribean pistol that has gotten close to 1.75" long... he's very large... the biggest YWG I've seen in the LFS's have only been about 1.5".

I'm no expert but I would say it would be fine. Most YWG do come in that size from the LFS's. If they're gonna pair, they'll be friends anyway right? :D

nice video, Check out the stream in my sig :D

Sweet!

Archived