SaltCritters.com

Redman 1.5g

RedMan25xl

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome! Even though Im only a month into my first build seeing this thread makes me want to start another one! Ill definately be following along. Everything looks great so far, keep up the good work!

Nice tank!

Looks great!

Awesome! Even though Im only a month into my first build seeing this thread makes me want to start another one! Ill definately be following along. Everything looks great so far, keep up the good work!

thanks pork and codename. Ill keep fightin the fight

some crazy stuff on the rock in your hermit pic! careful, idk what that thing with the sand cloak is but it looks kinda like my aiptasia...

Nice additions! I think you're 1/3 stocked :P (although idk how big that hermit gets)

some crazy stuff on the rock in your hermit pic! careful, idk what that thing with the sand cloak is but it looks kinda like my aiptasia...

Nice additions! I think you're 1/3 stocked :P (although idk how big that hermit gets)

yeah I was wondering what it was. I have a couple and they all have a sand tunnel and 2 arms come out and wave around. I def have a couple pest nems though, but ill wait until they get a little larger to kill em.

tons of little brittles reachin for trochus

SnailReach.jpg

they want to eat it!

idk what your sand tunneling things might be. pray they are not baby bobbit worms...and are just feather dusters/other harmless worm, at worst aiptasia like mine.

:lol: they will pass it down like fireman.

Maybe I should take a better pic of it and put it in id forum. I have a few maybe 4 or 5. one is pretty big but in a spot where I cant get a good pic.

and no signs of cycle or anything yet. Im testing water tonight.

well its only been a few days. I didn't get a diatom bloom in my pico until around 18 days passed by, after all parameters reached 0 (which was baffling)

pismo_reefer

Rip it OUT!!!!!!!!

I have that type of sponge in my 20g....

they spread out HUGE 'string-like' appendages that they stretch in the current for Nutes,

and to colonize other places....

they PO mushiez, but everything else they've touched seems unphased.

The reason I say to rip it out, is because it spreads like 2-3" a week in every direction!

If you like it, keep it.

But, to me its a pita.

:mellow:

hmm Ill have to think on that one. and your def right about growth its got 3 appendages and they are reaching. as far as you know they only bug shrooms? not zoas, rics things of that nature?

got Par20 20k led pico light today. pics up later

lightpic1.jpg

my camera is kodak easyshare 8.0megapixel and if i take without flash pic is really blue. and with flash light is undetectable. so my pictures wont reflect how tank looks under light. I will have to take with flash until im able to get ahold of a better cam. anyway, Im planning on cleaning up cords and such hopefully tonight.

I used the FWE this evening. added carbon. 1hr 1/2 later I still see some fw's moving down by the sandbed but most are just floating around in the current. I also changed my scape a little. took the middle rock and flipped it around. makes it seem like there is twice as much room in there. I also added about 1/2in more of sand.

no diatom bloom or any "bad" algae yet. fingers crossed I dont get red slime. It always seems to make it to my tank. I do plan on dipping anything new, which Ive never done before. I will get some more pics soon.

par20 20k light is going bad on this tank. very excited to see corals under it.

what are you gonna dip in? may I also ask if hydrogen peroxide is a safe dip with SPS and LPS? (already got an LPS but being the excited newb that I am I forgot to give it a peroxide dip -_- )

I was thinking about Coralrx. Not sure about hydrogen peroxide. water seems to be good in most cases from what ive read. but because of my fw's I wont chance it again.

Hey hey You know what really grinds my gears? FLATWORMS.

I just don't understand why they won't go away. I may have to use drastic measures to fix this. drastic? but how you ask? I don't know.

Archived