Coral Vue Hydros

Beeker's 200DD Par38 Reef-New Pics 3-10-11!

beeker

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah it's stopped falling over for the most part now that i made a doughnut ring of putty to wrapped around it to keep it upright, it still hasn't attached it's foot yet...been there for a few days as well but who know that might take some more time

not a fan of sand so that isn't happening....ever, lol

Scoly's, Zoa's and corals are going to be my sand, it will cost more and look a lot better than sand :]]

FIRST SET OF PAR PICS ARE FROM MY BC29G (150W MH AND 2 24W T5'S

Par1005.jpg

Par1007.jpg

Par1009.jpg

PAR OF 99 AT THE VERY BOTTOM OF MY B29G

Par1001.jpg

PAR OF 214 IN THE MIDDLE OF MY BC29G

Par1003.jpg

Par1005.jpg

PAR OF 189

Par1021.jpg

INFRONT OF THE SQUAMOSA

Par1022.jpg

Par1023.jpg

NEXT TO MY GREEN ACRO

Par1025.jpg

PAR OF 226 NEXT TO THE GREEN ACRO AGAIN

Par1026.jpg

PAR OF 66 OUTER RIM OF THE BULBS COVERAGE

Par1028.jpg

Par1029.jpg

PAR OF 398 LEFT OF MY RED PLANET ACRO

Par1030-1.jpg

Par1031.jpg

TOP OF THE 200G DD AGAIN

Par1035-1.jpg

Par1032.jpg

PAR OF 322 NEXT TO THE TENIUS

Par1017-1.jpg

Par1015-1.jpg

PAT PICS OF MY SUMP, LOL

Par1036.jpg

Par1038.jpg

holy freaking crap that is an AWESOME TANK!!! its damn near the size of the room! so do you ever get the urge to hop in and go for a swim?! wow thats just impressive.

Haha, i wouldn't want to clean the mess up that i'd make after swimming in it, just can't wait to get the rest of the PAR38's over it and a Vortech mp40, might be about a month or so longer before that happens though

Water is crystal clear, though towards the top where the main focus of the beam is you can see particulate in the water colum but that doesen't bother me at all and won't be there after the tank settles more, it's still pretty new only about 3 months old at this point

it wouldn't matter if i spent another 5k on the setup it would still be a dream tank for me, so 2400 in lighting doesen't bother me, considering i've always viewed lighting as the most important part of a reef tank, second to circulation and flow

plus these bulbs will last 7 years atleast, my main tank has only been up a little over 2 so when this tank gets to the 7 year mark it will still be a dream tank to me, and by then LED lighting will a lot more affordable and almost everyone's tanks will be lit by it by then i'm sure

just look at the PAR numbers they speak for themseleves

i wish all of you could see it in person cause pics although close don't even give you an idea of how good this looks

even my friends that aren't into reefing have given me a ton of complements on how natural the tank looks with the spotlights

Here's a better plot i took to measure the PAR from dead center of the bulb to the outer rim

here are the pics everyone wanted, lol

parbar008.jpg

Dead center of the PAR38 12k 33 inches away from the bulb

parbar010.jpg

Dead center again, highest PAR hit was 198 but wasn't able to get a pic of it

parbar013.jpg

1 inch from center PAR of 170

parbar012.jpg

2 inches from center PAR of 165

parbar014.jpg

3 inches from center PAR os 133

parbar015.jpg

4 inches from center PAR of 103

parbar017.jpg

5 inches from center PAR of 74

parbar018.jpg

6 inches from center PAR of 48

parbar020.jpg

7 inches from center PAR of 33

parbar021.jpg

parbar022.jpg

Excuse my chicken scratch handwritting, lol

parbar025.jpg

parbar026.jpg

Paleoreef103
I know about PAR numbers, but what are considered good PAR numbers, for lets say, SPS?

Acros will do fine @ 200 PAR.

for softie's, Lps, Acan's, Zoa's, duncan's, hammer and chalice a PAR of 150-100 is enough

for Sps, Acro's, Milli's, Digita's, Monti's and the like a PAR of 180 or more will grow them just fine, this is what i've found out from my main BC29g tank

• 3 weeks later...

Updated pics, the first red planet frag i put in the tank(It's above the 2 bottom sps) it browned out but new growth is forming around the base, color still needs to be worked on but it is growing

cuts009.jpg

cuts008.jpg

cuts007.jpg

cuts005.jpg

cuts004.jpg

cuts002.jpg

orange setosa has done amazing under the Led's

cuts010.jpg

cuts024.jpg

cuts026.jpg

cuts025.jpg

the second red planet frag, lost it's green base but grows great and still has red polyps

cuts023.jpg

cuts020.jpg

cuts013.jpg

cuts029.jpg

Archived